- SAPI speech is not working!
- Corrupted memory cards
- Can’t get some/any voices to work
- Quick device maintenance and troubleshooting
- Antivirus updates
- Languages reset after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- Windows on screen keyboard not working after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- Windows 10 update has broken Wi-Fi on my device
- How can I improve the battery life of my Grid Pad?
- Resetting your Smartbox account password
- Grid 3 is not able to update
- Problems with Grid 3, The Grid 2 and Look to Learn after the Windows Autumn Creators update
- SmartNav less responsive after Windows 10 update
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- How to Uninstall Dwell Clicker
- How to remove Cookies and search history from Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- Cursor drifting to the side of the screen when using Quha Zono
- Grid Pad 11 not starting
- Unable to send messages using Grid 3 with Call Center
- TalkTalk blocking Teamviewer
- Smartbox software issues after Windows 10 updates
Quick device maintenance and troubleshooting
It is important to maintain your device with the latest updates and drivers for fixes, stability and security.
In most cases Windows will automatically download new updates, however you can manually run Windows Update from Control Panel.
Many updates require your device to restart. Once updates have been completed, it is good practice to run Windows update again as this can trigger further updates.
Grid 3, Look to Learn, The Grid 2 and other Smartbox Software can be updated by running Smartbox Update.
This is found in the Start menu under Smartbox.
Grid 3 can be set to automatically download updates in Settings. When an update is available you will see an orange notification in the top right of the menu.
Add a sentence that updates should not be turned off.
Windows 8 and 10 include the free Microsoft Windows Defender anti-virus software. We recommend Windows 7 users us the free Microsoft Security Essentials.
If you have problems with pop-up ads in you browser we recommend installing a paid subscription to Malware Bytes from malwarebytes.org in addition to the above. The free version of Malware bytes does not give realtime protection.
If you have a SB10, SB18 a first generation Grid Pad Go 8, Go 11, Pro 11 or Eye 11 (First generation are devices purchased between 2014 and April 2016) many issues can be solved by accessing Dell Support.
Go to Dell Support UK (http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/04)
Use the Detect Product option.
This will install the Dell System Detect application. Follow the instructions and the software will detect your device and present system information in your web browser. From here you can update drivers, BIOS and run troubleshooting.
Install all recommended firmware, drivers and updates.
Ensure that all of your camera software is up to date with the latest drivers.
You can find the latest drivers for Tobii cameras and devices on the Tobii support page: http://www.tobiidynavox.com/support-training/
The latest MyGaze software is available here (requires your product activation code): http://forum.mygaze.com/download/
The latest Alea software is available here: http://www.alea-technologies.de/pages/quick-download.php
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.