- Create a new user in Grid 3
- Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Opening and using a grid set in Grid 3
- Quick edits in Grid 3
- Editing a write cell in Grid 3
- Changing a picture
- Screen capture images for your cells
- Grid 3 minimum specifications
- Editing a picture
- Creating a cell with two symbols in Grid 3
- Moving cells in Grid 3
- Resizing cells in Grid 3
- Editing the grid layout in Grid 3
- Resizing a row or column
- Changing cell appearance and cell styles
- Jump cells
- Chat and writing cells
- Commands in Grid 3
- Word lists in Grid 3
- Create word list from a body of text in Grid 3
- Adding and managing grids in Grid 3
- Cell accessibility in Grid 3
- Adding sound to a cell in Grid 3
- Setting up your Smartbox account in Grid 3
- Linking a Dropbox account to Grid 3
- Remote editing in Grid 3
- Downloading new voices in Grid 3
- How do I import grid sets in Grid 3 from one language into another?
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Grid 3 Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to record Grid 3 audio with Audacity
- Backup up and restore a user account in Grid 3
- Grid 3 EULA
- Grid 3 Languages
- Installing and licensing Grid 3
- Installing WordPower for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Release notes
- Send your grid sets to Online Grids from Grid 3
- Send a Grid 3 grid set to Grid Player
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Smartbox and your data
- Upgrading from The Grid 2 to Grid 3
- Using the Keyboard Key command in Grid 3
- Saving a contact from an SMS or Email in Grid 3
- Playing Music in Grid 3
- Using Special Features in WordPower for Grid 3
- CallCenter and Grid 3
- Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Configuring iCloud Email with Grid 3
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to use emoji symbols in Grid 3
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Symbols not appearing in Grid 3 search
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- Unable to add a grid set to Grid explorer from a USB or Online Grids
- Grid 3 running slow
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Starting Windows Apps with Grid 3
- Windows Media Player no longer available after the Windows 10 Creators Update
- The New Write Command
- Unable to open a grid set
- How do I import banked messages into Grid 3?
- Using Manic Time Tracker to track Grid 3 activity
- Grid 3 early access updates
Remote editing in Grid 3
The Remote Editing function allows other people to edit your grid sets, without having to access your communication aid or computer. This means that parents and professionals can collaborate on developing grid sets – even at a distance.
Before you start:
- Make sure both machine are fully up to date.
- You will need two email accounts, one for the users machine and one for the remote editor. You will also need a Dropbox account for the users email address. This can be set up from inside Grid 3. See notes for more details on how the addresses are used.
- You will need a licensed version of Grid 3 on the user;s machine. A licence is not required on the editors machine.
Setting up Users machine
1. Start Grid 3 and under User Settings make sure the user is set as the Primary User.
2. Under User Settings-Accounts you will need to create or sign in with a Smartbox Account and a Dropbox account. When you sign into Dropbox, you will need to scroll down to see the Sign In or ‘Create new account’ button. After signing in you will also need to allow Grid 3 to access your Dropbox account.
3. Finally, you can click the Remote Editors button and add the email address for the remote editor. If they don’t have a Smartbox account, they will be sent an email inviting them to create an account.
Setting up Editors machine
1. Grid 3 must be installed, but does not need a licence.
2. When the user starts Grid 3, select Remote Editing on the left.
3. You will need to sign in with the editors email address and password.
4. You will now see a list of users who have given you permission to edit their grids. Select the user and their grids will download onto your computer.
You can view and edit any of the grid sets in the normal way. When you leave edit mode, and save changes, you will see a synchronisation icon next to the user and any grid sets which are being updated.
Any edits you make will be passed back to the users computer and they will be notified the grid set has updated. Next time they open the grid set they will see the new version.
You don’t have to purchase Grid 3 to be a remote editor. Simply download the free trial, and the remote editing functionality will remain even after the trial expires.
If you are a user with two computers and wish to synchronise your grids between the two computers, you will need to create two Smartbox accounts (one for each computer) and use the same Dropbox account.
If you support users who do not have an email address, or support multiple users, you can use a feature of Gmail that allows you to set up variants of your email address by putting a ‘+’ in your name. For example, if you email address is email@example.com, you can use this for your Smartbox and Dropbox accounts on your computer and firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com on your client computers. Any password reset requests will be sent to your main gmail account.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.