- Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Opening and using a grid set in Grid 3
- Quick edits in Grid 3
- Creating and editing a write cell
- Editing a write cell in Grid 3
- Changing the pictures in a cell
- Screen capture images for your cells
- Grid 3 requirements
- Editing a picture
- Creating a cell with two symbols in Grid 3
- Moving and resizing cells
- Resizing cells in Grid 3
- Editing a grid layout
- Resizing a row or column
- Changing cell appearance and cell style
- Creating jump cells
- Chat writing areas
- Commands in Grid
- Word lists in Grid 3
- Create word list from a body of text in Grid 3
- Adding and managing grids
- Cell accessibility in Grid
- Adding sound to a cell in Grid
- Setting up your Smartbox account in Grid
- Linking a Dropbox account to Grid 3
- Remote editing in Grid
- How do I import grid sets in Grid 3 from one language into another?
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Grid 3 Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to record Grid 3 audio with Audacity
- Backup up and restore a user account in Grid 3
- Grid 3 EULA
- Grid 3 Languages
- Installing and licensing Grid 3
- Installing WordPower for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Release notes
- Sharing grid sets and Online Grids
- Send a Grid 3 grid set to Grid Player
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Smartbox and your data
- Using the Keyboard Key command in Grid 3
- Saving a contact from an SMS or Email in Grid 3
- Playing Music in Grid 3
- Using Special Features in WordPower for Grid 3
- CallCenter and Grid 3
- Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Using your iCloud Email account with Grid 3
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to use emoji symbols in Grid 3
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Symbols not appearing in Grid 3 search
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- Unable to add a grid set to Grid explorer from a USB or Online Grids
- Grid 3 running slow
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Starting Windows Apps with Grid 3
- Windows Media Player no longer available after the Windows 10 Creators Update
- The New Write Command
- Unable to open a grid set
- How do I import banked messages into Grid 3?
- Using Manic Time Tracker to track Grid 3 activity
- Grid 3 early access updates
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to purchase and install PODD in Grid 3
- What is AAC?
- What is Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- The Grid Explorer menu in Grid 3
- Choosing your first grid sets in Grid 3
- What grid sets are included with Grid 3?
- Where are access settings in Grid 3?
- Grid Voices
- How to update to the latest version of Facebook
- Adding the new Facebook grids into Fast Talker
- Using more than one language in Grid 3
- How to add the new Teen and Adult vocabulary to an existing Super Core grid set
- Declarations of conformity
Remote editing in Grid
Remote editing allows grid sets to be editing without having to have access to the users communication aid or computer allowing parents and professionals to collaborate on developing grid sets.
Before you start:
- Both devices need to have a current version of Grid and need to be connected to the Internet
- Ensure both user and editor have a Smartbox account
- Grid will need to be licensed on the users device
Setting up the users device
- Launch Grid
- Settings > Accounts create or sign in with a Smartbox account and Dropbox account (see Lesson 2.6 Accounts in Grid for more information)
- Select Remote editors
Add the email address/ addresses for the nominated editor. If they don’t already have a Smartbox account, they will receive an email inviting them to create one.
Setting up an editor account
- Grid 3 must be installed but does not need to be licenced
- Select Remote Editing
- The editor will need to sign in with their Smartbox account details
- Grid will show a list of users who have given the editor permission to edit their grids. Select the user and their grids will download to your computer
Grid sets can be edited and viewed in the normal way. Save changes when in Edit mode and Grid will synchronise and show an icon next to the user and any grid sets which are being updated.
And edits will be passed back to the user and they will be notified when a grid set has been updated.
- An additional Grid licence is not needed to be a remote editor. Download the free trial and the functionality will remain after the trial period expires
- Settings cannot be remotely accessed. Any settings changes need to be done on the users device.
- To synchronise grids across 2 devices, there will need to be a Smartbox account per device. The same Dropbox account can be used
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.