- Basic video training for The Grid 2
- Contacts in The Grid 2
- Using The Grid 2 and a tablet as a dedicated communication aid
- Free email account for Grid 2
- File location placeholders in The Grid 2
- XML Schema for The Grid 2
- Where are my The Grid 2 Users stored?
- What is the Program Control workspace in The Grid 2
- What is the minimum specification for The Grid 2?
- What is compatibility mode in The Grid 2?
- Using the Grid 2 Importer
- Using symbols with typing in The Grid 2
- Using more than one picture library in The Grid 2
- Using Abbreviation Expansion in The Grid 2
- The Grid 2 Workspaces
- The Grid 2 web browser improvements – v.2.3
- The Grid 2 picture editor
- The Grid 2 DVD player
- Sony Ericsson phones with The Grid 2
- Sharing The Grid 2 Users over a network
- Send an instant SMS from The Grid 2
- Saved Phrases in The Grid 2
- Run programs from The Grid 2
- Reports in The Grid 2
- Release notes for The Grid 2
- Prediction in The Grid 2
- Prediction cells in The Grid 2
- Playing music files using the music player workspace in The Grid 2
- Picture viewer in The Grid 2
- Notes on The Grid 2 Importer
- New Switch options for The Grid 2 2.7 update
- Moving and resizing cells in The Grid 2
- How many rows, column and cells can I have in The Grid 2?
- The Grid 2 Grid Explorer and your Users
- Environment Control Workspace in The Grid 2
- Display options in The Grid 2 update 2.7
- Contacts in The Grid 2
- Common on-screen keyboard cells in The Grid 2
- Auto content cells in The Grid 2
Saved Phrases in The Grid 2
You can allow Grid 2 users to save their sentences in cells using “saved phrases” auto content.
Each grid can have its own set of saved phrases, so you can have many grids with different saved phrases on.
Setting up a grid for saved phrases
Create saved phrases cells
First you need to make some Saved Phrases auto content cells. To make these cells, go into Edit Mode (F11) and select one or more cells (you can use the control key to select multiple cells).
From the Cell Options on the left, select Auto Content > Saved Phrases.
These cells will now display the saved phrases for this grid (each grid has its own set of saved phrases, so you can store lots of phrases on different grids).
Add a phrase cell
You now need to make some command cells to save the phrases. The most flexible command to use is the Save Phrase command.
Using your saved phrases grid
Saving a phrase
Type a sentence into your workspace as normal (using symbol, prediction or any other tools).
Now select the Save Phrase cell that you made. The cell will change colour (to your indicator colour) to indicate that it is active. Now click on a saved phrases cell. Your sentence (from your workspace) will be saved in to the cell that you selected.
Recalling a phrase
To type a phrase that you have previously stored, simply click the cell with the phrase in. The saved phrase will be typed into your workspace.
Note that if the Save Phrase cell is lit up then it will save the current sentence into the cell instead of recalling the phrase, as described above.
Other ways to use saved phrases
There is also a Save Phrase In Cell command for saving the sentence in a specified cell. For example, you could have a cell which says “save phrase number 3”.
The Set Phrase command allows you to specify the phrase for a cell as part of the command instead of using the text from the workspace. One use for this is to make a cell that will clear some or all of the saved phrases on a grid.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.