- Basic video training for The Grid 2
- Contacts in The Grid 2
- Using The Grid 2 and a tablet as a dedicated communication aid
- Free email account for Grid 2
- File location placeholders in The Grid 2
- XML Schema for The Grid 2
- Where are my The Grid 2 Users stored?
- What is the Program Control workspace in The Grid 2
- What is the minimum specification for The Grid 2?
- What is compatibility mode in The Grid 2?
- Using the Grid 2 Importer
- Using symbols with typing in The Grid 2
- Using more than one picture library in The Grid 2
- Using Abbreviation Expansion in The Grid 2
- The Grid 2 Workspaces
- The Grid 2 web browser improvements – v.2.3
- The Grid 2 picture editor
- The Grid 2 DVD player
- Sony Ericsson phones with The Grid 2
- Sharing The Grid 2 Users over a network
- Send an instant SMS from The Grid 2
- Saved Phrases in The Grid 2
- Run programs from The Grid 2
- Reports in The Grid 2
- Release notes for The Grid 2
- Prediction in The Grid 2
- Prediction cells in The Grid 2
- Playing music files using the music player workspace in The Grid 2
- Picture viewer in The Grid 2
- Notes on The Grid 2 Importer
- New Switch options for The Grid 2 2.7 update
- Moving and resizing cells in The Grid 2
- How many rows, column and cells can I have in The Grid 2?
- The Grid 2 Grid Explorer and your Users
- Environment Control Workspace in The Grid 2
- Display options in The Grid 2 update 2.7
- Contacts in The Grid 2
- Common on-screen keyboard cells in The Grid 2
- Auto content cells in The Grid 2
Send an instant SMS from The Grid 2
It is sometimes useful to have a cell that will send an pre-set SMS message from The Grid 2, for example:
Message: “I’ve finished for the day. Please come and pick me up from college.”
Note that you need to have your mobile phone setup for SMS messages with The Grid 2 for this to work.
You can do this using a series of commands in The Grid 2. Select an empty cell for this command to be added to.
- Press F11 to enter Edit Mode.
- Double-click on the cell you wish to edit.
- Click on Add a command.
- Select the SMS command category.
You need to add the following commands. Note that commands are carried out in the order that they are listed, so you need to add them in this order.
- SMS Workspace
Change to the SMS workspace.
Start a new SMS message.
Write the SMS message text. You need to put the message into the box for the text command.
- Send to
Send the SMS to a specified recipient. You need to enter the name and number of the person that the message will be sent to.
- Send SMS
Send the message.
- Default Workspace
Change back to the user’s default workspace. This command is in the Change workspace category.
The final task is to change the appearance of the cell.
Change the Cell Text to a simple label (such as “Pickup from dad”).
Click on Change Picture and select a suitable picture (such as a mobile phone).
Now that you are done, press F11 to stop editing (and say yes to save changes). The cell will now create a new SMS message and send it to the number that you specified.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.