- Using Google as your search engine in the Grid 2
- Configuring Gmail for use with Grid 2
- How do I use the tabs in Grid Explorer in The Grid 2?
- How to install Calendar for The Grid 2
- Firewall settings
- Using Grid 2 with non-Latin alphabets
- Using Grid 2 with Hotmail
- User Permissions for Smartbox software
- Use of Grid 2 in Chinese
- Using The Grid 2 with Googlemail
- Understanding volume in The Grid 2
- Send an instant SMS from The Grid 2
- Selecting a voice in The Grid 2
- Phones compatible with The Grid 2
- Option to Hide Cells in The Grid 2
- MIDI in The Grid 2
- Locking grids to prevent changes in The Grid 2
- Introducing “English (United States)” to The Grid 2
- Grid 2 Cell Styles
- Email with The Grid 2
- Changing User Settings in The Grid 2
- Changing the COM port for a USB device
- Autocomplete Prediction and SwiftKey in The Grid 2
- Grid 2 and Voice Recognition
Send an instant SMS from The Grid 2
It is sometimes useful to have a cell that will send an pre-set SMS message from The Grid 2, for example:
Message: “I’ve finished for the day. Please come and pick me up from college.”
Note that you need to have your mobile phone setup for SMS messages with The Grid 2 for this to work.
You can do this using a series of commands in The Grid 2. Select an empty cell for this command to be added to.
- Press F11 to enter Edit Mode.
- Double-click on the cell you wish to edit.
- Click on Add a command.
- Select the SMS command category.
You need to add the following commands. Note that commands are carried out in the order that they are listed, so you need to add them in this order.
- SMS Workspace
Change to the SMS workspace.
Start a new SMS message.
Write the SMS message text. You need to put the message into the box for the text command.
- Send to
Send the SMS to a specified recipient. You need to enter the name and number of the person that the message will be sent to.
- Send SMS
Send the message.
- Default Workspace
Change back to the user’s default workspace. This command is in the Change workspace category.
The final task is to change the appearance of the cell.
Change the Cell Text to a simple label (such as “Pickup from dad”).
Click on Change Picture and select a suitable picture (such as a mobile phone).
Now that you are done, press F11 to stop editing (and say yes to save changes). The cell will now create a new SMS message and send it to the number that you specified.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.