- Setting up email with BT Internet in Grid 3
- Firewall settings
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Grid set settings
- Email account settings in Grid
- Speech settings in Grid
- Mouse and pointer settings in Grid
- Touch settings in Grid
- Eye gaze settings in Grid
- Switch settings in Grid 3
- Setting up a mobile phone with Grid 3
- Set up myGaze Assistive 2 camera in Grid 3
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Display or hide the menu bar in Grid 3
- Getting started with voice activation in Grid 3
- Adding commands to switches in Grid 3
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- How to configure exceptions for Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Primary users and Dropbox
- Using Gmail 2 Step Authentication in Grid 3
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Setting up an EasyWave Alarm in Grid 3
- How to add an environment control accessory in Grid 3 (Video)
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Setting up a BJoy Stick C Lite with Grid 3
- Auditory Scanning in Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Z-Wave
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3
- Configuring iCloud Email with Grid 3
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- How to turn off Safe Search in Grid 3 image search
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- Unable to stop Grid 3 loading on Startup after free trial is over
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Using Styles in Grid 3
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to change symbol set or library in Grid 3
- How to change symbol skin tone in Grid
- Changing your voice in Grid 3
- Where are access settings in Grid 3?
- Changes to Email Security in Grid
Setting up an EasyWave Alarm in Grid 3
Plug an EasyWave alarm unit in to a mains socket.
Go to Menu > Settings > Environment Control and then click on Transmitters. Now click on EasyWave, and then Configure.
Check that the EasyWave transmitter has been detected by looking at the Port number eg COM5. If no Port number is displayed, click Detect.
Now we need to assign a button for controlling the alarm. Select any unused button and click Rename and then give the button a new name eg Alarm.
From the EasyWave settings screen, highlight the button you have allocated to the Alarm.
On the EasyWave Alarm, hold down the button with the musical note until the LED begins to flash. In Grid 3, press Transmit A. When the alarm has received the signal, the LED will stay lit for approx. 4 seconds.
Now wait 20 seconds, and the alarm will go back in to operating mode. Test by pressing Transmit A again – the alarm should sound. Press either of the buttons on the alarm to cancel.
Now go to Menu > Setting > Environment Control > Accessories > Add and Alarm, then Next.
Under Transmitter, select EasyWave. Select the Emergency action, and assign it to the Alarm button.
Now open up a grid set containing environment control grids eg Symbol Talker D, and click on Alarm to test.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.