- Setting up email with BT Internet in Grid 3
- Firewall settings
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Grid set settings
- Email account settings in Grid
- Speech settings in Grid
- Mouse and pointer settings in Grid
- Touch settings in Grid
- Eye gaze settings in Grid
- Switch settings in Grid 3
- Setting up a mobile phone with Grid 3
- Set up myGaze Assistive 2 camera in Grid 3
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Display or hide the menu bar in Grid 3
- Getting started with voice activation in Grid 3
- Adding commands to switches in Grid 3
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- How to configure exceptions for Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Primary users and Dropbox
- Using Gmail 2 Step Authentication in Grid 3
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Setting up an EasyWave Alarm in Grid 3
- How to add an environment control accessory in Grid 3 (Video)
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Setting up a BJoy Stick C Lite with Grid 3
- Auditory Scanning in Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Z-Wave
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3
- Configuring iCloud Email with Grid 3
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- How to turn off Safe Search in Grid 3 image search
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- Unable to stop Grid 3 loading on Startup after free trial is over
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Using Styles in Grid 3
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to change symbol set or library in Grid 3
- How to change symbol skin tone in Grid
- Changing your voice in Grid 3
- Where are access settings in Grid 3?
Setting up a mobile phone with Grid 3
This article refers to the previous way Grid connected to your mobile phone.
For information on how to connect your phone after the November 2019 update please visit the updated article.
Grid 3 can connect to any Android mobile phone via Bluetooth for text messaging and calls.
Pairing your phone with your computer
On your phone, go to your Bluetooth settings and make sure that Bluetooth is active. On your PC, open Control Panel and search for ‘Bluetooth’. Click ‘Add Bluetooth Device’ – you should see your phone appear. Highlight it, and click Next to pair it and follow the on screen instructions for both devices.
Installing the app and PC software
Grid 3 uses software called Remote Phone Call to connect with your phone. You will need to purchase the Remote Phone Call app on your phone and install the CallCentre desktop client on your computer.
Open the web browser on your phone, and go to www.justremotephone.com
Follow the link to install the app from the Google Play Store.
Open the app, click Install Client Software and follow the instructions.
Please note: You need to install CallCenter version 5.7 and not the latest version.
Once the app and PC software are installed, open CallCenter on your computer by clicking on the icon on your desktop.
Click on the Phone Name drop down box and select your phone.
Leave all other settings unchanged and click OK.
A dialog box will appear to choose the main Bluetooth headset, leave this as None and click OK.
You should now see a confirmation at the top of the CallCenter window that your phone is connected.
Connecting to Grid 3
Open up Grid 3, then click Menu, Settings and Phone.
A pop-up window will appear to confirm that you want to allow Grid 3 to access the CallCenter software. Tick the ‘remember answer’ box and click Grant.
Grid 3 is now connected to your phone. This will happen automatically when your computer is turned on.
You can test the phone functions by opening a grid set such as Fast Talker. More information can be found in the Phone / SMS manual.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.