- Setting up email with BT Internet in Grid 3
- Firewall settings
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Grid set settings
- Email account settings in Grid
- Speech settings in Grid
- Mouse and pointer settings in Grid
- Touch settings in Grid
- Eye gaze settings in Grid
- Switch settings in Grid 3
- Setting up a mobile phone with Grid 3
- Set up myGaze Assistive 2 camera in Grid 3
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Display or hide the menu bar in Grid 3
- Getting started with voice activation in Grid 3
- Adding commands to switches in Grid 3
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- How to configure exceptions for Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Primary users and Dropbox
- Using Gmail 2 Step Authentication in Grid 3
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Setting up an EasyWave Alarm in Grid 3
- How to add an environment control accessory in Grid 3 (Video)
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Setting up a BJoy Stick C Lite with Grid 3
- Auditory Scanning in Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Z-Wave
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3
- Configuring iCloud Email with Grid 3
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- How to turn off Safe Search in Grid 3 image search
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- Unable to stop Grid 3 loading on Startup after free trial is over
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Using Styles in Grid 3
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to change symbol set or library in Grid 3
Sleep screen command in Grid 3
Grid 3 version 3.0.20 introduces the Sleep screen command which can be added to your grid sets.
What does Sleep screen do?
The Sleep screen command allows the user to turn off the device screen to save battery while the device is not in use. Once activated, the screen will switch off, but the device will remain active. Your enabled access methods will turn the screen back on.
- Move the pointer
- Touch the screen
- Press a switch
- Gaze at the centre of the screen
- Say your wake up phrase
What devices support Sleep screen?
Grid Pad Eye models (2016) with myGaze and Tobii cameras support Sleep screen, as well as Grid Pad Pro models (2016) with switch and touch. Be aware that moving the pointer after Sleep screen is activated will wake the screen, so head pointers such as the Quha Zono and SmartNav are not compatible.
Configuring Sleep screen
You can enable Sleep screen options in Computer settings. Under the Sleep screen options you can toggle dim screen after a certain time and how long til the screen switches off.
For users accessing thier device with eye gaze, gazing at the screen will wake the screen. In Sleep screen settings you can configure how long the user needs to gaze at the screen to wake it up.
Using Sleep screen on other devices
Sleep screen has been tested on our current Grid Pad Pro and Eye range, however it is possible to be used on other devices such as Grid Pad Go, laptops and other Windows tablets.
To use Sleep screen on a Grid Pad Go 8 or 10, you will need to make some changes to the device registry.
- Start the registry editor
- Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power
- Set CsEnabled to 0
- Save the changes and restart your device.
Some USB devices attached to your device could interrupt the sleep process. In Device manager check for the “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” option by right clicking and selecting Properties. USB Hubs, keyboard, mouse and touch screen should be checked.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.