- Using your BT Internet email account in Grid 3
- Firewall settings
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Grid set settings
- Email account settings in Grid
- Speech settings in Grid
- Mouse and pointer settings in Grid
- Touch settings in Grid
- Eye gaze settings in Grid
- Switch settings in Grid 3
- Setting up a mobile phone with Grid 3
- Set up myGaze Assistive 2 camera in Grid 3
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Display or hide the menu bar in Grid 3
- Getting started with voice activation in Grid 3
- Adding commands to switches in Grid 3
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- How to configure exceptions for Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Primary users and Dropbox
- Using Gmail 2 Step Authentication in Grid 3
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Setting up an EasyWave Alarm in Grid 3
- How to add an environment control accessory in Grid 3 (Video)
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Setting up a BJoy Stick C Lite with Grid 3
- Auditory Scanning in Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Z-Wave
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3
- Using your iCloud Email account with Grid 3
- How to turn off Safe Search in Grid 3 image search
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- Unable to stop Grid 3 loading on Startup after free trial is over
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Using Styles in Grid 3
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to change symbol set or library in Grid 3
- How to change symbol skin tone in Grid
- Changing your voice in Grid 3
- Where are access settings in Grid 3?
- Changes to Email Security in Grid
- Using your Gmail account with Grid 3
- Using your Yahoo email account with Grid 3
- Using more than one language in Grid 3
Sleep screen command in Grid 3
The Sleep screen command allows the user to turn off the device screen to save battery while the device is not in use. The command is often found in settings or options grids, or can be added to your grid set in Edit mode.
Once activated, the screen will switch off, but the device will remain active. Your enabled access methods will turn the screen back on.
Ways to wake your device from Sleep screen
- Move the pointer
- Touch the screen
- Press a switch
- Gaze at the centre of the screen
- Say your wake up phrase
Configuring Sleep screen
Open the Menu, and select Settings.
You can enable Sleep screen options in Computer settings of Grid 3.
The sliders next to each toggle switch will determine how long the device will need to be inactive for before the screen dims or turns off completely.
The Gaze at screen slider will allow eye gaze users to determine how long they will need to gaze at the screen to wake it up. This can avoid waking the device up by accident.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.