- Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Opening and using a grid set in Grid 3
- Quick edits in Grid 3
- Creating and editing a write cell
- Editing a write cell in Grid 3
- Changing the pictures in a cell
- Screen capture images for your cells
- Grid 3 requirements
- Editing a picture
- Creating a cell with two symbols in Grid 3
- Moving and resizing cells
- Resizing cells in Grid 3
- Editing a grid layout
- Resizing a row or column
- Changing cell appearance and cell style
- Creating jump cells
- Chat writing areas
- Commands in Grid
- Word lists in Grid 3
- Create word list from a body of text in Grid 3
- Adding and managing grids
- Cell accessibility in Grid
- Adding sound to a cell in Grid
- Setting up your Smartbox account in Grid
- Linking a Dropbox account to Grid 3
- Remote editing in Grid
- How do I import grid sets in Grid 3 from one language into another?
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Grid 3 Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to record Grid 3 audio with Audacity
- Backup up and restore a user account in Grid 3
- Grid 3 EULA
- Grid 3 Languages
- Installing and licensing Grid 3
- Installing WordPower for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Release notes
- Sharing grid sets and Online Grids
- Send a Grid 3 grid set to Grid Player
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Smartbox and your data
- Using the Keyboard Key command in Grid 3
- Saving a contact from an SMS or Email in Grid 3
- Playing Music in Grid 3
- Using Special Features in WordPower for Grid 3
- CallCenter and Grid 3
- Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Using your iCloud Email account with Grid 3
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to use emoji symbols in Grid 3
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Symbols not appearing in Grid 3 search
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- Unable to add a grid set to Grid explorer from a USB or Online Grids
- Grid 3 running slow
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Starting Windows Apps with Grid 3
- Windows Media Player no longer available after the Windows 10 Creators Update
- The New Write Command
- Unable to open a grid set
- How do I import banked messages into Grid 3?
- Using Manic Time Tracker to track Grid 3 activity
- Grid 3 early access updates
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to purchase and install PODD in Grid 3
- What is AAC?
- What is Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- The Grid Explorer menu in Grid 3
- Choosing your first grid sets in Grid 3
- What grid sets are included with Grid 3?
- Where are access settings in Grid 3?
- Grid Voices
- How to update to the latest version of Facebook
- Adding the new Facebook grids into Fast Talker
- Using more than one language in Grid 3
- How to add the new Teen and Adult vocabulary to an existing Super Core grid set
Sleep screen command in Grid 3
Updated December 2020
Grid 3 version 3.0.20 introduces the Sleep screen command which can be added to your grid sets.
What does Sleep screen do?
The Sleep screen command allows the user to turn off the device screen to save battery while the device is not in use. Once activated, the screen will switch off, but the device will remain active. Your enabled access methods will turn the screen back on.
- Move the pointer
- Touch the screen
- Press a switch
- Gaze at the centre of the screen
- Say your wake up phrase
Configuring Sleep screen
You can enable Sleep screen options in Computer settings. Under the Sleep screen options you can toggle dim screen after a certain time and how long til the screen switches off.
For users accessing their device with eye gaze, gazing at the screen will wake the screen. In Sleep screen settings you can configure how long the user needs to gaze at the screen to wake it up.
Some USB devices attached to your device could interrupt the sleep process. In Device manager check for the “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” option by right clicking and selecting Properties. USB Hubs, keyboard, mouse and touch screen should be checked.
If the devices screen will not go to sleep, or wakes immediately please check you sleep options in Control Panel > Power options and check that Balanced or Device specific is selected, then edit plan settings and set all Sleep options to Never.
Using Sleep Screen after Windows update 2004 / 20H2 (December 2020)
A recent update for some Windows devices means some of our older Grid Pad devices no longer support the Sleep Screen command. If your device no longer supports Sleep Screen you can put your device to sleep (turn off-screen) However, you cannot wake your device using any AAC access method. If you press your power button or click your mouse your screen will turn on.
If your device has been updated and you are no longer able to wake the screen with your AAC method, we have a solution for you.
- Please download the following file SLEEPv1_1.exe (by default it will be saved into your Downloads folder )
- Once downloaded right click and select “Run as administrator”
- A black box (cmd window) should flash up and then disappear from your screen.
- Now please restart your device
- You should now be able to wake your device using your AAC access method.
The SLEEPv1_1.exe adds a registry entry to disable modern standby.
Using other devices with Sleep Screen
The Windows update forces devices to use the S0 Sleep state if available.
If your device does not support S0 sleep state, the Sleep Screen will still work.
To test if S0 Sleep state is available on your device please run the following command in an elevated cmd prompt window powercfg /a
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.