- Create a new user in Grid 3
- Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Opening and using a grid set in Grid 3
- Quick edits in Grid 3
- Creating and editing a write cell
- Editing a write cell in Grid 3
- Changing the pictures in a cell
- Screen capture images for your cells
- Grid 3 requirements
- Editing a picture
- Creating a cell with two symbols in Grid 3
- Moving and resizing cells
- Resizing cells in Grid 3
- Editing a grid a layout
- Resizing a row or column
- Changing cell appearance and cell style
- Creating jump cells
- Chat writing areas
- Commands in Grid 3
- Word lists in Grid 3
- Create word list from a body of text in Grid 3
- Adding and managing grids in Grid 3
- Cell accessibility in Grid 3
- Adding sound to a cell in Grid 3
- Setting up your Smartbox account in Grid 3
- Linking a Dropbox account to Grid 3
- Remote editing in Grid 3
- Downloading new voices in Grid 3
- How do I import grid sets in Grid 3 from one language into another?
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Grid 3 Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to record Grid 3 audio with Audacity
- Backup up and restore a user account in Grid 3
- Grid 3 EULA
- Grid 3 Languages
- Installing and licensing Grid 3
- Installing WordPower for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Release notes
- Send your grid sets to Online Grids from Grid 3
- Send a Grid 3 grid set to Grid Player
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Smartbox and your data
- Using the Keyboard Key command in Grid 3
- Saving a contact from an SMS or Email in Grid 3
- Playing Music in Grid 3
- Using Special Features in WordPower for Grid 3
- CallCenter and Grid 3
- Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Configuring iCloud Email with Grid 3
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to use emoji symbols in Grid 3
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Symbols not appearing in Grid 3 search
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- Unable to add a grid set to Grid explorer from a USB or Online Grids
- Grid 3 running slow
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Starting Windows Apps with Grid 3
- Windows Media Player no longer available after the Windows 10 Creators Update
- The New Write Command
- Unable to open a grid set
- How do I import banked messages into Grid 3?
- Using Manic Time Tracker to track Grid 3 activity
- Grid 3 early access updates
- Using a smart phone with Grid
Sleep screen command in Grid 3
Grid 3 version 3.0.20 introduces the Sleep screen command which can be added to your grid sets.
What does Sleep screen do?
The Sleep screen command allows the user to turn off the device screen to save battery while the device is not in use. Once activated, the screen will switch off, but the device will remain active. Your enabled access methods will turn the screen back on.
- Move the pointer
- Touch the screen
- Press a switch
- Gaze at the centre of the screen
- Say your wake up phrase
What devices support Sleep screen?
Grid Pad Eye models (2016) with myGaze and Tobii cameras support Sleep screen, as well as Grid Pad Pro models (2016) with switch and touch. Be aware that moving the pointer after Sleep screen is activated will wake the screen, so head pointers such as the Quha Zono and SmartNav are not compatible.
Configuring Sleep screen
You can enable Sleep screen options in Computer settings. Under the Sleep screen options you can toggle dim screen after a certain time and how long til the screen switches off.
For users accessing thier device with eye gaze, gazing at the screen will wake the screen. In Sleep screen settings you can configure how long the user needs to gaze at the screen to wake it up.
Using Sleep screen on other devices
Sleep screen has been tested on our current Grid Pad Pro and Eye range, however it is possible to be used on other devices such as Grid Pad Go, laptops and other Windows tablets.
To use Sleep screen on a Grid Pad Go 8 or 10, you will need to make some changes to the device registry.
- Start the registry editor
- Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power
- Set CsEnabled to 0
- Save the changes and restart your device.
Some USB devices attached to your device could interrupt the sleep process. In Device manager check for the “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” option by right clicking and selecting Properties. USB Hubs, keyboard, mouse and touch screen should be checked.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.