- SAPI speech is not working!
- Corrupted memory cards
- Can’t get some/any voices to work
- Quick device maintenance and troubleshooting
- Antivirus updates
- Languages reset after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- Windows on screen keyboard not working after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- Windows 10 update has broken Wi-Fi on my device
- How can I improve the battery life of my Grid Pad?
- Resetting your Smartbox account password
- Grid 3 is not able to update
- Problems with Grid 3, The Grid 2 and Look to Learn after the Windows Autumn Creators update
- SmartNav less responsive after Windows 10 update
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- How to Uninstall Dwell Clicker
- How to remove Cookies and search history from Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- Cursor drifting to the side of the screen when using Quha Zono
- Grid Pad 11 not starting
- Unable to send messages using Grid 3 with Call Center
- TalkTalk blocking Teamviewer
- Smartbox software issues after Windows 10 updates
- Support options when you purchase from a Smartbox Partner
- Checking the Bluetooth speaker connection on Touch Pad
- Super Core Communication Book: FAQs
- Can I use Grid AAC software on an Android device?
- Grid Pad and Accessory manuals
- Sleep screen or wake on touch issues after Windows Update 2004/20H2
- Firmware update affecting Touch Pad
- Fix for firmware update affecting Touch Pad
Sleep screen or wake on touch issues after Windows Update 2004/20H2
Devices affected: Grid Pad 8, Grid Pad 10, and Touch Pad ST10B, Legacy devices
A recent update for some Windows devices has removed a vital Windows power plan that enables waking via the touch screen.
This can limit your device’s ability to wake from sleep successfully.
Note: You can find out if you have the ST10B version of Touch Pad by looking at the label underneath the stand.
There are 2 options to resolve this issue:
You can no longer set your device to sleep via the power button and wake on touch. Instead, you can choose to:
- Wake your device on touch, and use the Sleep screen command in Grid 3 command to put your device to sleep. (Our Support Team can enable this for you via a registry fix – see below for further information)
- Wake and sleep your device by the power button
Enabling wake on touch
Please contact Smartbox Support who can install this registry fix for you.
Note: The registry fix can cause the following side effects if you try to put your device to sleep by pressing the power button:
- Black screen appearing over Windows – requiring a restart to remove.
- Loss of touch screen access
- A sudden shutdown
- System crashes
All future Smartbox devices will have this registry fix installed by default. If you do not require the device to be woken up by pressing the touch screen – contact our Support Team. We will remove the registry fix and enable your device to be slept and woken via the power button.
Add the Sleep screen command to your grid set
You can find out more about the Sleep screen command in this article. This command will also enable users to save battery when the device is not in use.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.