- Setting up email with BT Internet in Grid 3
- Firewall settings
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Grid set settings
- Email account settings in Grid
- Speech settings in Grid
- Mouse and pointer settings in Grid
- Touch settings in Grid
- Eye gaze settings in Grid
- Switch settings in Grid 3
- Setting up a mobile phone with Grid 3
- Set up myGaze Assistive 2 camera in Grid 3
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Display or hide the menu bar in Grid 3
- Getting started with voice activation in Grid 3
- Adding commands to switches in Grid 3
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- How to configure exceptions for Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Primary users and Dropbox
- Using Gmail 2 Step Authentication in Grid 3
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Setting up an EasyWave Alarm in Grid 3
- How to add an environment control accessory in Grid 3 (Video)
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Setting up a BJoy Stick C Lite with Grid 3
- Auditory Scanning in Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Z-Wave
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3
- Configuring iCloud Email with Grid 3
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- How to turn off Safe Search in Grid 3 image search
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- Unable to stop Grid 3 loading on Startup after free trial is over
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Using Styles in Grid 3
- Using a smart phone with Grid
Speech settings in Grid
Grid offers over 60 English voices as well as many more international voices. Speech settings allow these voices to be configured to suit a user’s needs.
To access Speech settings
In Grid explorer, select Menu > Settings > Speech (The menu can also be accessed by pressing F10)
Hear different voices speaking out loud by using the Voices button.
Using Configure, pitch, speed and volume can all be adjusted to add a level of personalisation to the voice.
Use Test Speech to review the changes.
Choose the voice for audio highlighting, speech feedback and notifications. Audio feedback can also be sent to a different speaker.
Speak as you type
Text input into the writing area can automatically speak after each sentence, each word or each character as well as when using computer control. Just toggle On/ Off for each option.
Choose between no sound, sound only or sound plus speech for notifications.
Use this tool to correct the pronunciation of words.
Speech settings > Pronunciation
In the left-hand box, type the word that needs to be corrected. In the left-hand box type the word phonetically. Use the Test button to preview the new pronunciation and make further changes if needed.
Once you are happy with the sound, Add pronunciation and it will be added to the list. This process can be repeated as many times as needed.
Grid 3 allows you to record specific personal phrases in your own voice for future use in communication. The recorded parts will use your voice and any other words will be filled in by the synthesized voice. You can find more information on message banking here: https://thinksmartbox.com/news/learn-more-about-message-banking/
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.