- Using The Grid 2 with Windows 8
- Enable Windows 8 on-screen keyboard function keys
- Remote support
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- Change the size of screen items in Windows
- Change the size of menu fonts in Windows 7
- Downloading and Burning ISO Files
- How to disable a built in Web camera
- Gathering information about an error
- Which versions of Windows are supported?
- User Permissions for Smartbox software
- Types of USB switch connector
- To change the size of screen items in Windows
- To change the size of screen items in Windows 8
- SAPI speech is not working!
- Questions about Smartbox Update
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Windows XP
- Installing VLC media player.
- Corrupted memory cards
- Can’t get some/any voices to work
- Using Dwell Clicker 6 with Smartnav
- Activate Smartbox software without an internet connection
- Licencing Dwell Clicker 2
- Alea Intelligaze Shortcuts
- Windows 10 and your device
- Quick device maintenance and troubleshooting
- Antivirus updates
- Finding Log files for our software
- Returning an item to us
- Languages reset after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- Windows 10 update has broken Wi-Fi on my device
- Smartbox and your data
- Resetting your Smartbox account password
- Using Grid 3 to play Steam games
- Problems with Grid 3, The Grid 2 and Look to Learn after the Windows Autumn Creators update
- SmartNav less responsive after Windows 10 update
- How to Uninstall Dwell Clicker
- How to remove Cookies and search history from Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to disable Windows 10 sign-in
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Cannot pair wireless Acer keyboard with Grid Pad
- Where can I find the myGaze EyeMouse Play software?
- How to remove the handles from a Grid Pad Go device
- How to find your device serial number
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- Recommended power settings for your Grid Pad
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- Beeping sound when using keyboard, Windows button or switch
- How to improve visual feedback for touch screen users
- How to create cells to play a song or video from your music / video library
- Grid Pad 11 not starting
- Unable to send messages using Grid 3 with Call Center
- Connecting an external microphone to Power Pad
- Windows 10 Update Assistant failing to update software
- TalkTalk blocking Teamviewer
- Screen rotation re-enabled after Windows update
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- Support options when you purchase from a Smartbox Partner
- Checking the Bluetooth speaker connection on Touch Pad
- Super Core Communication Book: FAQs
- Creating a word list in Grid
- Cleaning of devices
- How to get set up for a Virtual Visit
- How to make Super Core Communication Book pages
- How to purchase and install PODD in Grid 3
- How to purchase and install PODD in Grid for iPad
- What is AAC?
- Grid Pad and Accessory manuals
- Information to help us deliver support
- Grid Voices
- How to add the new Teen and Adult vocabulary to an existing Super Core grid set
- Updating Look to Learn and Look to Read
- Converting video files in Look to Learn on Windows 7
- Sleep screen or wake on touch issues after Windows Update 2004/20H2
- Declarations of conformity
- Medical Device Regulations
- Windows 10 update re-enables Fast startup
- High CPU usage on Grid Pad 13
- How to add a video to your grid set
- Windows on screen keyboard not working after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- How can I improve the battery life of my Grid Pad?
- Grid 3 is not able to update
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- Cursor drifting to the side of the screen when using Quha Zono
- Smartbox software issues after Windows 10 updates
- Can I use Grid AAC software on an Android device?
Super Core Communication Book: FAQs
On this page, we have tried to answer any questions you may have regarding the Super Core Communication book from how to use, what content is included and who is it designed for.
What paper is used in the communication book?
The paper used in the book is designed to be hard-wearing, water and tear-resistant.
Can we buy the paper?
Unfortunately, no. There are many commercial alternatives available which will work with most home printers.
How can pages be replaced if lost or damaged?
Grids can be printed from Grid 3.
Can I personalise the book?
When you purchase the Super Core Communication Book, it comes with three sections: Core, Activities and Topics. The core vocabulary pages are already inside the folder, and the Activity and Topic pages are provided separately so you can choose which ones to include in the book.
We use Super Core 50. Is the Communication Book suitable for us?
Yes, absolutely. Whilst the layout of the Communication Book is based on the Super Core 30 grid set, the vocabulary, and how it is designed and organised follows exactly the same principles as Super Core 50 and the Learning Grids.
Can I use the Communication Book and the Super Core grid set?
Yes! The book can be either be used by itself, or alongside an electronic communication aid, to allow someone to access communication in situations when their device may not be available or practical.
Can I buy one for personal use?
The Super Core communication book is available for anyone to buy via our online shop
Do you have any training available?
Our Simple AAC resources can help anyone who is supporting someone to learn and use symbol communication. You can read more about that here.
We have not used complex vocabularies before, would this be suitable for us?
Low tech or paper-based solutions are often the most cost-effective way of exploring AAC for the first time. The book is designed to have a simple, easy to use navigation and wide-ranging content that can be explored with ease – and without risk or fear of failure!
What do I get when I buy the Super Core Communication Book?
In the box you will find the Super Core Communication Book folder, which includes all of the core vocabulary, the Core, Activity and Topic dividers, and the Mini Core. You will also find a vocabulary pack containing the Activity pages, and another containing the Topic pages. Each box also includes a shoulder strap which can be attached to the book, and a flyer telling you where to find all of our online resources for the book.
What symbol libraries is the book available in?
Currently, the book is only available in Widgit symbols. If you use a different symbol library and would like to see the book developed in that library, please let us know via an email
What language is the book available in?
What access methods is the book suitable for?
The book can be used by someone pointing to the symbols directly or by someone using Partner Assisted Scanning.
Who is it for?
The book is designed for children who need to use AAC to communicate, including those who are:
- Starting out with symbol communication
- Exploring more comprehensive vocabulary
- Pointing to symbols (using direct access)
- Using Partner Assisted Scanning (PAS)
How is the book set up for Partner Assisted Scanning?
The book has been designed with the following features, which may support someone who is using PAS:
- Words are arranged vertically, so pages are scanned top to bottom, then left to right
- Point and slide tab system, so the communication partner can touch each tab as they say the tab label, and if the person indicates “yes” they can simply slide their finger up to get to that section of the book
- Semantic grouping, so words are grouped together by meaning, helping to make the vocabulary more predictable (e.g. vehicles which go on water are all in the same column)
- Core vocabulary is always available from the top core or the mini core
- Words which are repeated on different pages are always in consistent locations
How many Topic pages are there?
How many Activities pages are there?
Is this product VAT free?
This product can be purchased VAT free via purchase order
If you can’t find the answer you are looking for, please drop us a line firstname.lastname@example.org
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.