- Environment control troubleshooting in The Grid 2
- Change timings in Environment Control Workspace in The Grid 2
- The Grid 2 and Z-Wave
- Setting up your TIRA or UUIRT device for EC in The Grid 2
- Setting up your GEWA device for Environment Control in The Grid 2
- Environment Control Transmitters and The Grid 2
- EC Accessories and Transmitters
- Using IR Trans with multiple transmitters in The Grid 2
The Grid 2 and Z-Wave
Z–Wave environment control devices are supported through either the Aeon Labs Z-Stick 2 controller or the Controlthink Thinkstick. Since the latter is not fully compatible with Windows User Account Control, the Aeon Labs stick is the prefered option.
The Grid 2 provides basic support for Z-Wave devices. If you have a large network or wish to use a secondary controller we suggest you use Z-TOOL from HomeSeer.
You will need to download and install the correct drivers for the Z-Stick from this link. Once installed the stick will show in device manager under Ports as a ‘Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART bridge’. The device hardware ID should be VID_10C4&PID_EA60&REV_0100.
If after installing the Aeon labs drivers the device still shows problems in device manager, you may need to update the drivers for the CP210x bridge from this link.
The ControlThink ThinkStick controller is not compatible with Windows 8 and only partially compatible with Windows 7. We recommend the Aeon labs Z-Stick 2 as the preferred controller.
You will need to download and install the correct drivers for the ThinkStick from this link. Once installed the stick will show in device manager under HID Ports as a HID compliant device with a hardware ID or VID_1B5F&PID_0001.
If using with Windows 7 you will need to turn off UAC and delete the file “C:Program Files (x86)Sensory SoftwareThe Grid 2The Grid 2.exe.manifest”.
- You will need to be running The Grid 2.9.43 or later.
- Select File->Preferences->Environment Control tab. Click ‘Transmitters’
- On the ‘Environment Control Transmitters’ form select the ‘Z-Wave’ tab.
- In the Z-Wave controller drop down list select ‘Aeon labs’ or ControlThink’
- If using Aeon labs Z-Stick, select the port number (or click autodetect).
- The form will update and show any paired devices in the Z-Wave devices tab.
- To add or remove a device from the network click the ‘Add device’ or ‘Remove device button’ and then press the button on the socket. See socket instructions for more information.
- You can test the device using the On/Off buttons.
- Grids can use the Z-Wave device on/off commands, or the new style commands based on the Environment control workspace.
- Information about the network is held in the controller. Once a device is paired with a controller it cannot be paired with another controller. If bench testing controllers or sockets be sure to remove the device from the network before shipping.
- The Grid 2 only supports ‘basic switch’ or ‘dimmer switch’ devices.
- You must be logged in to an administrator account to use the ThinkStick controller.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.