- Getting started with voice activation in Grid 3
- Adding commands to switches in Grid 3
- Set up myGaze Assistive 2 camera in Grid 3
- Switch settings in Grid 3
- Eye gaze settings in Grid
- Touch settings in Grid
- Mouse and pointer settings in Grid
- How to configure Mobi 2 switch inputs to work with the Grid 3
- How to configure Tellus 5 switch inputs to work with the Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Tobii PCEye Mini
- Using Ablenet Blue 2 bluetooth switch with Grid 3
- Setting up a BJoy Stick C Lite with Grid 3
- Using Special Features in WordPower for Grid 3
- Auditory Scanning in Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 to play Steam games
- Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
- How to use a myGaze camera to blink to click in Grid 3
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- Delayed or unresponsive touch screen
- Where can I find the myGaze EyeMouse Play software?
- EyeMouse Play reporting problem with USB 3.0 connection
- Cursor drifting to the side of the screen when using Quha Zono
- Using Grid 3’s commands to change settings
- Setting up your Irisbond Duo camera in Grid 3
- How to change between two access methods in Grid 3
- How to hide the rest cell
- Grid 3 version 43 and TobiiDynavox Eyegaze
- Irisbond Duo advanced crash reporting system
- How to set up Look to Read and Look to Learn with eye gaze in Grid 3
Touch settings in Grid
The ability to adjust touch settings within Grid allows for grid sets to be made available to users with complex touch needs.
Editing touch settings
In Grid Explorer, open the Menu and select Settings (or press F10). Then Access > Touch.
There is a range of settings within Touch Settings that can be altered to suit a users access ability.
Do not use touch
This disables the touch screen as an access method for Grid
Activate last item touched (on release)
Grid will pick up a touch and activate any actions on the cell on release
Activate first item touched
This setting means the cell touched will be instantly activated, regardless of if the touch remains on the screen after the initial touch is registered
Touch and hold to activate
Touch needs to be held on a cell to activate it. The time and appearance of the dwell can be adjusted to suit the user.
Prevent repeat activations
This allows for multiple accidental selection without disregarding the first touch. A timer delay can be specified on the slider
Allow repeat activations on the same cell
Allows a cell to be continuously activated, even when Prevent repeat activations is enabled
Highlights show which cell is currently active. You can choose the colour and change the way it is displayed, including an option to zoom on chosen/ highlighted cells.
Alongside visual highlighting, you will also find the options for audio feedback for Touch here.
No sound when highlighting
No audio will play when a cell is selected
Speak a description when highlighted
This uses the audio highlighting voice (see Lesson 3.3 ) to read out the label of the selected cell
Play sound when highlighting
Plays a sound each time a new cell is highlighted
This icon opens a touch-ready, on-screen keyboard when selected
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.