- Setting up email with BT Internet in Grid 3
- Firewall settings
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Grid set settings
- Email account settings in Grid
- Speech settings in Grid
- Mouse and pointer settings in Grid
- Touch settings in Grid
- Eye gaze settings in Grid
- Switch settings in Grid 3
- Setting up a mobile phone with Grid 3
- Set up myGaze Assistive 2 camera in Grid 3
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Display or hide the menu bar in Grid 3
- Getting started with voice activation in Grid 3
- Adding commands to switches in Grid 3
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- How to configure exceptions for Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Primary users and Dropbox
- Using Gmail 2 Step Authentication in Grid 3
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Setting up an EasyWave Alarm in Grid 3
- How to add an environment control accessory in Grid 3 (Video)
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Setting up a BJoy Stick C Lite with Grid 3
- Auditory Scanning in Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Z-Wave
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3
- Configuring iCloud Email with Grid 3
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- How to turn off Safe Search in Grid 3 image search
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- Unable to stop Grid 3 loading on Startup after free trial is over
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Using Styles in Grid 3
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to change symbol set or library in Grid 3
- How to change symbol skin tone in Grid
- Changing your voice in Grid 3
- Where are access settings in Grid 3?
- Changes to Email Security in Grid
Touch settings in Grid
The ability to adjust touch settings within Grid allows for grid sets to be made available to users with complex touch needs.
Editing touch settings
In Grid Explorer, open the Menu and select Settings (or press F10). Then Access > Touch.
There is a range of settings within Touch Settings that can be altered to suit a users access ability.
Do not use touch
This disables the touch screen as an access method for Grid
Activate last item touched (on release)
Grid will pick up a touch and activate any actions on the cell on release
Activate first item touched
This setting means the cell touched will be instantly activated, regardless of if the touch remains on the screen after the initial touch is registered
Touch and hold to activate
Touch needs to be held on a cell to activate it. The time and appearance of the dwell can be adjusted to suit the user.
Prevent repeat activations
This allows for multiple accidental selection without disregarding the first touch. A timer delay can be specified on the slider
Allow repeat activations on the same cell
Allows a cell to be continuously activated, even when Prevent repeat activations is enabled
Highlights show which cell is currently active. You can choose the colour and change the way it is displayed, including an option to zoom on chosen/ highlighted cells.
Alongside visual highlighting, you will also find the options for audio feedback for Touch here.
No sound when highlighting
No audio will play when a cell is selected
Speak a description when highlighted
This uses the audio highlighting voice (see Lesson 3.3 ) to read out the label of the selected cell
Play sound when highlighting
Plays a sound each time a new cell is highlighted
This icon opens a touch-ready, on-screen keyboard when selected
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.