- Speech recognition and The Grid 2
- MyTobii eye tracking not working with The Grid 2 after update
- How to install Calendar for The Grid 2
- Touchscreen settings for Tobii C-Series devices with The Grid 2
- Disable Charms Bar & Hot Corners on Windows 8/8.1 touchscreens
- Change timings in Environment Control Workspace in The Grid 2
- Using Google as your search engine in the Grid 2
- Troubleshooting Grid 2 start-up problems
- Troubleshooting Quick Glance with The Grid 2
- Configuring Gmail for use with Grid 2
- Environment control troubleshooting in The Grid 2
- How do I use the tabs in Grid Explorer in The Grid 2?
- The Grid 2 not recognising Tobii PCEye
- Basic video training for The Grid 2
- How to configure exceptions for Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender in The Grid 2
- Contacts in The Grid 2
- Using The Grid 2 and a tablet as a dedicated communication aid
- Firewall settings
- Free email account for Grid 2
- Focusing on Computer control in The Grid 2
- File location placeholders in The Grid 2
- Eyegaze interaction with The Grid 2
- XML Schema for The Grid 2
- Why is AllWrite receiving jumbled words in The Grid 2?
- Which switch adaptors can I use with The Grid 2?
- Where are my The Grid 2 Users stored?
- What is the Program Control workspace in The Grid 2
- What is the minimum specification for The Grid 2?
- What is compatibility mode in The Grid 2?
- Video Clips for The Grid 2
- Using Webcams with Grid 2
- Using the Grid 2 Importer
- Using symbols with typing in The Grid 2
- Using more than one picture library in The Grid 2
- Using Grid 2 with non-Latin alphabets
- Using Grid 2 with Hotmail
- Using Abbreviation Expansion in The Grid 2
- User Permissions for Smartbox software
- User options for dwell and scanning time in The Grid 2
- User Account Control in Windows Vista for The Grid 2
- Use of Grid 2 in Chinese
- Using The Grid 2 with Googlemail
- Understanding volume in The Grid 2
- Troubleshooting speech problems in The Grid 2
- The Grid 2 Workspaces
- The Grid 2 web browser improvements – v.2.3
- The Grid 2 picture editor
- The Grid 2 is running twice
- The Grid 2 error message “You do not have language X installed”
- The Grid 2 DVD player
- The Grid 2 and Z-Wave
- Sony Ericsson phones with The Grid 2
- Showing missing symbols in The Grid 2
- Sharing The Grid 2 Users over a network
- Setting up your TIRA or UUIRT device for EC in The Grid 2
- Setting up your GEWA device for Environment Control in The Grid 2
- Send an instant SMS from The Grid 2
- Selecting a voice in The Grid 2
- Saved Phrases in The Grid 2
- Run programs from The Grid 2
- Reports in The Grid 2
- Release notes for The Grid 2
- Prediction in The Grid 2
- Prediction cells in The Grid 2
- Playing music files using the music player workspace in The Grid 2
- Picture viewer in The Grid 2
- Phones compatible with The Grid 2
- Option to Hide Cells in The Grid 2
- Notes on The Grid 2 Importer
- No sound when playing DVDs in The Grid 2
- New Switch options for The Grid 2 2.7 update
- My words are appearing joined up in The Grid 2!
- Moving and resizing cells in The Grid 2
- MIDI in The Grid 2
- Making games with player scores in The Grid 2
- Locking grids to prevent changes in The Grid 2
- Licencing The Grid 2
- Licensing of grid sets in The Grid 2
- Keyboard shortcuts for editing The Grid 2
- Jump cells and new grids in The Grid 2
- Introducing “English (United States)” to The Grid 2
- Importing and exporting grid bundles in The Grid 2
- How to Make a photo album in The Grid 2
- How to create a music grid with symbols in The Grid 2
- How to use the Random Phrase Command in The Grid 2
- How to speed up switch input in The Grid 2
- How to open a specific file in Computer Control with The Grid 2
- How to navigate around text in The Grid 2
- How to install The Grid 2
- How to hide the Task Bar when using Program Control in The Grid 2
- How to get a new language for The Grid 2
- How to create a wordlist in The Grid 2
- How to create a visual scene in The Grid 2
- How to change the language of a grid set in The Grid 2
- How to backup users in The Grid 2 Grid Explorer
- How many rows, column and cells can I have in The Grid 2?
- How do I use the Webcam workspace in The Grid 2?
- How do I make The Grid 2 start when I turn on my computer?
- How do I make The Grid 2 show my grids when it starts?
- Hiding the menu bar in The Grid 2
- The Grid 2 Grid Explorer and your Users
- Grid 2 User Migration Tool
- Grid 2 mobile phone workspace
- Grid 2 Commands
- Grid 2 Cell Styles
- General editing of The Grid 2
- Error tracking with Sensory Software programs
- The Grid 2 Error message Incorrect Version of Binaries
- Environment Control Workspace in The Grid 2
- Environment Control Transmitters and The Grid 2
- Email with The Grid 2
- Editing a cell in Grid 2
- EC Accessories and Transmitters
- Display options in The Grid 2 update 2.7
- Data Logging in The Grid 2
- Cursor control problems with The Grid 2 in Vista and Windows 7
- Creating a music grid in The Grid 2
- Creating “are you sure” options in The Grid 2
- Create a grid for a specific program in The Grid 2
- Contacts in The Grid 2
- Connecting a USB Modem to Grid 2
- Connect a mobile phone to The Grid 2 with Bluetooth
- Common on-screen keyboard cells in The Grid 2
- Setting up your access method in The Grid 2
- Changing User Settings in The Grid 2
- Changing the COM port for a USB device
- Autocomplete Prediction and SwiftKey in The Grid 2
- Auto content cells in The Grid 2
- Audio connections for mobile phone conversations with The Grid 2
- Adding/removing rows and columns in The Grid 2
- Adding music to The Grid 2
- Setting up two Pretorian Simply Works – Switch 75s or Easyswitch with The Grid 2
- Grid 2 and Voice Recognition
- The Grid 2 Access Methods: Switches
- The Grid 2 Access Methods: Pointer Settings
- The Grid 2 Access Methods: Eye Gaze
- Acapela voice licence error in The Grid 2
- Pointer settings in The Grid 2
- Eye gaze settings in The Grid 2
- Using IR Trans with multiple transmitters in The Grid 2
- How do I send a grid set to Grid Player from The Grid 2?
- Activate Smartbox software without an internet connection
- Problems with Grid 3, The Grid 2 and Look to Learn after the Windows Autumn Creators update
- SmartNav less responsive after Windows 10 update
- Smartbox software issues after Windows 10 updates
Troubleshooting Quick Glance with The Grid 2
This answer has information to help troubleshoot problems using different releases of the QuickGlance software for the EyeTech TM3 and TM4 eye gaze systems with The Grid 2.
Description of problems
These are the problems that this answer can help you to resolve:
- The Quick Glance option is not available in The Grid 2
- Failure to calibrate from The Grid 2
- Jerky eye tracking
These problems are easy to fix. You can either use an older version of the QuickGlance software, or follow the instructions below.
The most recent version that is known to work properly is QuickGlance 6.3 with installer 11.12.06.16.
Why do these problems occur?
The QuickGlance software has continued to improve since the integration with The Grid 2 was first published. Unfortunately, the updated versions of QuickGlance have not always been compatible with The Grid 2. There are a few reasons for this:
- The QuickGlance software is available as both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. You must use the 32-bit version with The Grid 2.
- The location for the QuickGlance software has changed, and some versions of the QuickGlance installer do provide the information required by The Grid 2 to locate the QuickGlance software.
- Version 2 of the QuickGlance API (used to allow The Grid 2 and QuickGlance to communicate) does not support calibration and causes jerky eye tracking.
The Quick Glance option is not available in The Grid 2
This happens because The Grid 2 cannot locate the Quick Glance software. Some versions of the QuickGlance installer do not provide the location.
You can tell The Grid 2 where to locate the QuickGlance software by adding an entry to the settings file:
- Close all windows of The Grid 2 if it is open.
- Locate the settings file at: Public DocumentsSensory SoftwareThe Grid 2The Grid 2 preferences.xml.
- Add the following XML element inside the <start> element:
<quickglanceexe>C:Program FilesEyeTechDSQuick GlancebinQuick Glance.exe</quickglanceexe>
- Ensure that the file path points to the actual location of the QuickGlance software on your computer.
Please note that the 32-bit QuickGlance software is installed to a non-standard location (it is installed to the location for 64-bit software).
Failure to calibrate from The Grid 2 and/or jerky eye tracking
These are both caused by changes to the QuickGlance software. You can force the QuickGlance software to use the older (compatible) way of working by deleting or renaming the file “QuickLink2.dll” in the QuickGlance folder.
Keeping this page up to date
We will try to keep this page up to date as new information becomes available, and when there are changes to the QuickGlance software and The Grid 2. If you spot any errors or have any extra information that should be included on this page, please email email@example.com.
You can also find information about this in the QuickGlance knowledgebase.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.