- Getting started with voice activation in Grid 3
- Adding commands to switches in Grid 3
- Set up myGaze Assistive 2 camera in Grid 3
- Switch settings in Grid 3
- Eye gaze settings in Grid
- Touch settings in Grid
- Mouse and pointer settings in Grid
- How to configure Mobi 2 switch inputs to work with the Grid 3
- How to configure Tellus 5 switch inputs to work with the Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Tobii PCEye Mini
- Using Ablenet Blue 2 bluetooth switch with Grid 3
- Setting up a BJoy Stick C Lite with Grid 3
- Using Special Features in WordPower for Grid 3
- Auditory Scanning in Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 to play Steam games
- Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
- How to use a myGaze camera to blink to click in Grid 3
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- Delayed or unresponsive touch screen
- Where can I find the myGaze EyeMouse Play software?
- EyeMouse Play reporting problem with USB 3.0 connection
- Cursor drifting to the side of the screen when using Quha Zono
- Using Grid 3’s commands to change settings
- Setting up your Irisbond Duo camera in Grid 3
- How to change between two access methods in Grid 3
- How to hide the rest cell
- Grid 3 version 43 and TobiiDynavox Eyegaze
- Irisbond Duo advanced crash reporting system
- How to set up Look to Read and Look to Learn with eye gaze in Grid 3
- Firewall pop up when using Irisbond Hiru camera
- Tobii discontinue AAC software compatibility for gaming cameras
- Getting started with Lumin-i
- Eye gaze track status update
Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
There could be a number of reasons why a switch isn’t working in Grid 3. We have outlined some of the possibilities below.
Check that your switches are showing up in Grid 3
In Grid 3 go to Menu > Settings > Access > Switches > Connection
Joystick should be selected in the dropdown menu and it should show switches listed like the image below.
When you press your switch, one of the switches should turn green to show that it has registered the press.
If there are no switches available like the image below, the problem exists outside of Grid 3 and you will need to follow the next steps to identify the issue.
Please go to Control Panel and search for USB game controllers.
You can type for this in the search box as shown below.
When it opens it should show a joystick like the image below:
If it doesn’t show a game controller, you will need to go to Device Manager (long hold on the windows start menu in the bottom left corner of the screen and select Device Manager from the menu) and check that there are no errors (little yellow and black exclamation mark signs) on any of the USB devices plugged in.
If errors do appear, please try disabling and enabling the device to see if this solves the error.
It’s also beneficial to unplug switches, restart your device and plug switches back into the device back box to check if this prompts the device to recognize your switches.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.