- Setting up email with BT Internet in Grid 3
- Firewall settings
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Grid set settings in Grid 3
- Email account settings in Grid 3
- Speech settings in Grid 3
- Mouse and head pointer settings in Grid 3
- Touch settings in Grid 3
- Eye gaze settings in Grid 3
- Switch settings in Grid 3
- Setting up a mobile phone with Grid 3
- Set up myGaze Assistive 2 camera in Grid 3
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Display or hide the menu bar in Grid 3
- Getting started with voice activation in Grid 3
- Adding commands to switches in Grid 3
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- How to configure exceptions for Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Primary users and Dropbox
- Using Gmail 2 Step Authentication in Grid 3
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Setting up an EasyWave Alarm in Grid 3
- How to add an environment control accessory in Grid 3 (Video)
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Setting up a BJoy Stick C Lite with Grid 3
- Auditory Scanning in Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Z-Wave
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3
- Configuring iCloud Email with Grid 3
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- How to turn off Safe Search in Grid 3 image search
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- Unable to stop Grid 3 loading on Startup after free trial is over
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Using Styles in Grid 3
Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
There could be a number of reasons why a switch isn’t working in Grid 3. We have outlined some of the possibilities below.
Check that your switches are showing up in Grid 3
In Grid 3 go to Menu > Settings > Access > Switches > Connection
Joystick should be selected in the dropdown menu and it should show switches listed like the image below.
When you press your switch, one of the switches should turn green to show that it has registered the press.
If there are no switches available like the image below, the problem exists outside of Grid 3 and you will need to follow the next steps to identify the issue.
Please go to Control Panel and search for USB game controllers.
You can type for this in the search box as shown below.
When it opens it should show a joystick like the image below:
If it doesn’t show a game controller, you will need to go to Device Manager (long hold on the windows start menu in the bottom left corner of the screen and select Device Manager from the menu) and check that there are no errors (little yellow and black exclamation mark signs) on any of the USB devices plugged in.
If errors do appear, please try disabling and enabling the device to see if this solves the error.
It’s also beneficial to unplug switches, restart your device and plug switches back into the device back box to check if this prompts the device to recognize your switches.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.