- SAPI speech is not working!
- Corrupted memory cards
- Can’t get some/any voices to work
- Quick device maintenance and troubleshooting
- Antivirus updates
- Languages reset after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- Windows on screen keyboard not working after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- Windows 10 update has broken Wi-Fi on my device
- How can I improve the battery life of my Grid Pad?
- Resetting your Smartbox account password
- Grid 3 is not able to update
- Problems with Grid 3, The Grid 2 and Look to Learn after the Windows Autumn Creators update
- SmartNav less responsive after Windows 10 update
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- How to Uninstall Dwell Clicker
- How to remove Cookies and search history from Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- Cursor drifting to the side of the screen when using Quha Zono
- Grid Pad 11 not starting
- Unable to send messages using Grid 3 with Call Center
- TalkTalk blocking Teamviewer
- Smartbox software issues after Windows 10 updates
- Support options when you purchase from a Smartbox Partner
- Checking the Bluetooth speaker connection on Touch Pad
- Super Core Communication Book: FAQs
Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
There could be a number of reasons why a switch isn’t working in Grid 3. We have outlined some of the possibilities below.
Check that your switches are showing up in Grid 3
In Grid 3 go to Menu > Settings > Access > Switches > Connection
Joystick should be selected in the dropdown menu and it should show switches listed like the image below.
When you press your switch, one of the switches should turn green to show that it has registered the press.
If there are no switches available like the image below, the problem exists outside of Grid 3 and you will need to follow the next steps to identify the issue.
Please go to Control Panel and search for USB game controllers.
You can type for this in the search box as shown below.
When it opens it should show a joystick like the image below:
If it doesn’t show a game controller, you will need to go to Device Manager (long hold on the windows start menu in the bottom left corner of the screen and select Device Manager from the menu) and check that there are no errors (little yellow and black exclamation mark signs) on any of the USB devices plugged in.
If errors do appear, please try disabling and enabling the device to see if this solves the error.
It’s also beneficial to unplug switches, restart your device and plug switches back into the device back box to check if this prompts the device to recognize your switches.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.