- SB10, Grid Pad Go, Pro 11 and Eye 11 general troubleshooting
- Windows 10 and your device
- Quick device maintenance and troubleshooting
- Antivirus updates
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Languages reset after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- Generate a battery report
- How can I improve the battery life of my Grid Pad?
- How do we estimate our battery life?
- SmartNav less responsive after Windows 10 update
- Access method less responsive after Windows update
- How to remove Cookies and search history from Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
- How to use headphones without interfering with speech
- How to disable Windows 10 sign-in
- Cannot pair wireless Acer keyboard with Grid Pad
- How to remove the handles from a Grid Pad Go device
- How to find your device serial number
- Recommended power settings for your Grid Pad
- How to turn off touch screen hooking in EyeTech QuickACCESS
- Not receiving notifications of phone calls in Grid 3
- How to improve visual feedback for touch screen users
- Grid Pad 11 not starting
- Windows 10 update reverts Grid Pad Start Menu
- Windows 10 update re-enables Fast startup
- High CPU usage on Grid Pad 13
- Grid Pad and Accessory manuals
- Programmable buttons on Grid Pad 12
- Cleaning of devices
- Grid Pad 15 – A Class 1 Medical Device
- Grid Pad 8 and 10 screen rotating not in sync with touch
- Sleep screen or wake on touch issues after Windows Update 2004/20H2
- Echo cancellation setting in Grid
- Declarations of conformity
- Grid Pad 10s Device temperature
How to use headphones without interfering with speech
If your Grid Pad has a back box, you can use it to listen to music (via speakers or headphones) without interfering with the speech function.
There are two headphone jacks on a Grid Pad.
- Headphone socket
for listening to music
- Speaker out
for auditory feedback only
To set up your headphones or speaker:
Go to Start > Control Panel > Sound
Under Playback, set Tablet speakers as your default. This will swap sound output to headphones when they are plugged in. Or if you are using a Bluetooth speaker, set that as the default device. Sound will always return to the tablet speakers when a Bluetooth speaker is disconnected or turned off.
In Grid 3 go to Menu > Settings > Speech
Under Speaking select Configure, and under Speakers make sure they are set to the USB audio codec option (the back box).
This will ensure that when no headphones / speakers are plugged in, the sound will automatically come out of the back box.
You can now listen to music through headphones or speakers, whilst still using Grid 3 to speak through the tablet speakers.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.