- Using Google as your search engine in the Grid 2
- Configuring Gmail for use with Grid 2
- How do I use the tabs in Grid Explorer in The Grid 2?
- How to install Calendar for The Grid 2
- Firewall settings
- Using Grid 2 with non-Latin alphabets
- Using Grid 2 with Hotmail
- User Permissions for Smartbox software
- Use of Grid 2 in Chinese
- Using The Grid 2 with Googlemail
- Understanding volume in The Grid 2
- Send an instant SMS from The Grid 2
- Selecting a voice in The Grid 2
- Phones compatible with The Grid 2
- Option to Hide Cells in The Grid 2
- MIDI in The Grid 2
- Locking grids to prevent changes in The Grid 2
- Introducing “English (United States)” to The Grid 2
- Grid 2 Cell Styles
- Email with The Grid 2
- Changing User Settings in The Grid 2
- Changing the COM port for a USB device
- Autocomplete Prediction and SwiftKey in The Grid 2
- Grid 2 and Voice Recognition
Use of Grid 2 in Chinese
There are two main types of spoken Chinese:
Mandarin (Mainland China, Taiwan)
Cantonese (Hong Kong, Macau)
These are also two types of written Chinese:
Traditional (Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau)
Simplified (Mainland China)
Grid 2 supports Traditional Mandarin Chinese. This is most suitable for Taiwan.
At present there are no Chinese Acapela voices. If you require a voice, we suggest you use one of the RealSpeak voices available from www.nextup.com. Since there are normally supplied as part of a bundle with the TextAloud program, you will need to purchase and install both a voice and the TextAloud program.
Before you install Grid 2 in Chinese, you will need to switch the “Language for non-Unicode programs” to Chinese (Traditional). This will not change the appearance of Windows.
On Windows 7, go to Control Panel -> Region and Language, then the Administrative tab, and then in the “Language for non-Unicode programs”, click “Change system locale…”. Change it to “Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan)”. After this you’ll need to restart Windows.
Before you can type or edit grids with Chinese characters, you must ensure the User settings are set to Chinese. This will ensure the correct prediction dictionaries and that typed characters display correctly.
Grid 2 will switch to Chinese when you activate a Chinese user. Start the User editor: Edit->User Settings and look under General Settings->About me. The Language must be set to Chinese.
When you are working with a Chinese user, all menus in Grid 2 will switch into Chinese.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.