- Getting started with voice activation in Grid 3
- Adding commands to switches in Grid 3
- Set up myGaze Assistive 2 camera in Grid 3
- Switch settings in Grid 3
- Eye gaze settings in Grid
- Touch settings in Grid
- Mouse and pointer settings in Grid
- How to configure Mobi 2 switch inputs to work with the Grid 3
- How to configure Tellus 5 switch inputs to work with the Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Tobii PCEye Mini
- Using Ablenet Blue 2 bluetooth switch with Grid 3
- Setting up a BJoy Stick C Lite with Grid 3
- Using Special Features in WordPower for Grid 3
- Auditory Scanning in Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 to play Steam games
- Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
- How to use a myGaze camera to blink to click in Grid 3
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- Delayed or unresponsive touch screen
- Where can I find the myGaze EyeMouse Play software?
- EyeMouse Play reporting problem with USB 3.0 connection
- Cursor drifting to the side of the screen when using Quha Zono
- Using Grid 3’s commands to change settings
- Setting up your Irisbond Duo camera in Grid 3
- How to change between two access methods in Grid 3
- How to hide the rest cell
- Grid 3 version 43 and TobiiDynavox Eyegaze
- Irisbond Duo advanced crash reporting system
- How to set up Look to Read and Look to Learn with eye gaze in Grid 3
- Firewall pop up when using Irisbond Hiru camera
- Tobii discontinue AAC software compatibility for gaming cameras
- Getting started with Lumin-i
Using Ablenet Blue 2 bluetooth switch with Grid 3
The Ablenet Blue 2 has two switch inputs which can be configured to generate keyboard presses. Grid 3 can accept key presses as a switch input method for scanning.
To set up the switch with key presses for use with Grid 3, first turn on the device using the on/off switch, and connect a USB keyboard into the USB programming jack.
- Turn the learn switch on by sliding it to the left.
- Select mode 4, 5 or 6 (whichever is not being used).
- Activate Switch 1 to start recording mode. The S1 light will blink while in recording mode.
- Record F8to Switch 1 on the USB keyboard and press Switch 1 to stop recording mode.
- You will also need to repeat the same process for Switch 2, instead recording F9 to the switch.
- Turn the learn switch to off by moving it to the right.
- Remove USB keyboard.
Now you need to connect the Ablenet Blue 2 Bluetooth switch to your PC, open Grid 3 and select your new mode (4, 5 or 6) to use.
Now you will need to configure Grid 3 to use key presses.
- Launch Grid 3 and then click on Menu in top left and then settings in top right. Alternatively, you can use F10 keypress to launch settings.
- Select ‘Access’ and then ‘Switches’.
- Select the ‘Connection’ button under Configuration and select keyboard from the drop down menu.
Select switch 1 and click capture and then hit the physical switch to capture the key press. If you are using both switches on the blue 2, repeat this step for switch 2 with the 2nd switch.
Once the switches have been captured, click ok.
Grid 3 will now work with the Ablenet Blue 2 Bluetooth switches.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.