- Getting started with voice activation in Grid 3
- Adding commands to switches in Grid 3
- Set up myGaze Assistive 2 camera in Grid 3
- Switch settings in Grid 3
- Eye gaze settings in Grid 3
- Touch settings in Grid 3
- Mouse and head pointer settings in Grid 3
- How to configure Mobi 2 switch inputs to work with the Grid 3
- How to configure Tellus 5 switch inputs to work with the Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Tobii PCEye Mini
- Using Ablenet Blue 2 bluetooth switch with Grid 3
- Setting up a BJoy Stick C Lite with Grid 3
- Using Special Features in WordPower for Grid 3
- Auditory Scanning in Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 to play Steam games
- Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
- How to use a myGaze camera to blink to click in Grid 3
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- Delayed or unresponsive touch screen
- Where can I find the myGaze EyeMouse Play software?
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- EyeMouse Play reporting problem with USB 3.0 connection
- Cursor drifting to the side of the screen when using Quha Zono
- Using Grid 3’s commands to change settings
- Setting up your Irisbond Duo camera in Grid 3
- How to change between two access methods in Grid 3
- How to hide the rest cell
- Grid 3 version 43 and TobiiDynavox Eyegaze
Using Grid 3’s commands to change settings
Grid 3 has a number of commands that allow you to control and change your settings – e.g. dwell times, voice speed and more.
It is important to note that these adjustments are only maintained until the grid set is closed or the settings dialog is opened. It will always change back to the settings that you have within the Grid 3 settings dialog.
If you regularly find yourself changing these settings with Grid 3’s commands, it may be worth changing them in Grid 3’s settings so that they’re always right for you.
The settings that can be changed using commands (version 18.104.22.168 and above):
Speech settings – for both public and private voices there is the option to set to value, or increase/decrease by 10%
- Voice volume
- Voice speed
- Voice pitch
It is also possible to have a ‘live’ cell that shows the current value for each of these settings Access settings – all settings can be increased or decreased.
- Dwell time
- Computer control dwell time
- Zoom-to-click magnification time
- Zoom-to-click time
- Switch scanning time
To adjust these settings more permanently, see the guides on these pages:
Touch – https://thinksmartbox.com/answer/touch-settings-in-grid-3
Mouse/pointer – https://thinksmartbox.com/answer/mouse-and-head-pointer-settings-in-grid-3
Eye gaze – https://thinksmartbox.com/answer/eye-gaze-settings-in-grid-3
Switch – https://thinksmartbox.com/answer/switch-settings-in-grid-3
You can also use Grid 3 commands to adjust the brightness and volume of your device.
These commands can be found in the Grid 3 settings category. These settings are maintained even after closing Grid 3.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.