- Environment control troubleshooting in The Grid 2
- Change timings in Environment Control Workspace in The Grid 2
- The Grid 2 and Z-Wave
- Setting up your TIRA or UUIRT device for EC in The Grid 2
- Setting up your GEWA device for Environment Control in The Grid 2
- Environment Control Transmitters and The Grid 2
- EC Accessories and Transmitters
- Using IR Trans with multiple transmitters in The Grid 2
Using IR Trans with multiple transmitters in The Grid 2
The IR trans infrared transmitter is a network based ECU system. Multiple IR modules may be fitted in rooms around the house. Each module has an IP address and connects the home wifi network. To use multiple IP addresses you must use the ‘new style’ environment control accessory commands. Each accessory has an associated IP address. When you create an accessory it will be created a default IP address. This may be changed when the accessory is configured. If you have multiple accessories of the same type the ‘Change Accessory’ command must be used to select the correct accessory.
Setting up Transmitters
File->Preferences ->Environment Control
Click the ‘Transmitters’ button and select the ‘IR Trans’ tab.
Enter a default IP address. This will be the IP address that is used when an accessory is created or the simple ‘IR Trans’ command is used.
Setting up Accessories
This example shows how to configure the Servus grid set to control two televisions. One in the lounge on IP address 192.168.1.5 and one in the bedroom on 192.168.1.6.
1. Create an accessory with type=Television, environment controller=IRTrans. Train the buttons with the remote for the controller for the lounge TV.
2. Create a second accessory with type=Television, environment controller=IRTrans. Set the IP address to 192.168.1.6. Train the buttons with the remote for the controller for the bedroom TV.
Modify the Servus Grid set.
1. Goto the Servus – Television page.
2. On an empty cell add a ‘Select Environment Control accessory’ command. On the command click the ‘Change’ button to select the Lounge television.
3. Repeat to create a second cell to select the bedroom television. Note that the cells are ‘indicator’ cells and their colour will change when they are ‘selected’. The colour for indicator cells is set under User Settings->Appearance settings->Cell Appearance.
The user can now switch between the bedroom and lounge TV by clicking the appropriate cell. The change will stay in effect when the user switches to other television pages in the grid set. In addition to the IP address, the appropriate IR codes will automatically selected.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.