- Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Opening and using a grid set in Grid 3
- Quick edits in Grid 3
- Creating and editing a write cell
- Editing a write cell in Grid 3
- Changing the pictures in a cell
- Screen capture images for your cells
- Grid 3 requirements
- Editing a picture
- Creating a cell with two symbols in Grid 3
- Moving and resizing cells
- Resizing cells in Grid 3
- Editing a grid layout
- Resizing a row or column
- Changing cell appearance and cell style
- Creating jump cells
- Chat writing areas
- Commands in Grid
- Word lists in Grid 3
- Create word list from a body of text in Grid 3
- Adding and managing grids
- Cell accessibility in Grid
- Adding sound to a cell in Grid
- Setting up your Smartbox account in Grid
- Linking a Dropbox account to Grid 3
- Remote editing in Grid
- How do I import grid sets in Grid 3 from one language into another?
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Grid 3 Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to record Grid 3 audio with Audacity
- Backup up and restore a user account in Grid 3
- Grid 3 EULA
- Grid 3 Languages
- Installing and licensing Grid 3
- Installing WordPower for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Release notes
- Sharing grid sets and Online Grids
- Send a Grid 3 grid set to Grid Player
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Smartbox and your data
- Using the Keyboard Key command in Grid 3
- Saving a contact from an SMS or Email in Grid 3
- Playing Music in Grid 3
- Using Special Features in WordPower for Grid 3
- CallCenter and Grid 3
- Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Using your iCloud Email account with Grid 3
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to use emoji symbols in Grid 3
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Symbols not appearing in Grid 3 search
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- Unable to add a grid set to Grid explorer from a USB or Online Grids
- Grid 3 running slow
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Starting Windows Apps with Grid 3
- Windows Media Player no longer available after the Windows 10 Creators Update
- The New Write Command
- Unable to open a grid set
- How do I import banked messages into Grid 3?
- Using Manic Time Tracker to track Grid 3 activity
- Grid 3 early access updates
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to purchase and install PODD in Grid 3
- What is AAC?
- What is Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- The Grid Explorer menu in Grid 3
- Choosing your first grid sets in Grid 3
- What grid sets are included with Grid 3?
- Where are access settings in Grid 3?
- Grid Voices
- How to update to the latest version of Facebook
- Adding the new Facebook grids into Fast Talker
- Using more than one language in Grid 3
- How to add the new Teen and Adult vocabulary to an existing Super Core grid set
- Declarations of conformity
Using more than one language in Grid 3
Grid 3 supports over 30 languages with over 100 voice available and localized grid sets.
You can use several languages in the same user profile by changing voices, grid sets or just on specific words.
For correct pronunciations, you will need to change your Grid voice to one appropriate for the language. While voices can have many different accents, they only support one language to enable correct grammar and predictions. Grid has a selection of over 100 voices to choose from and also supports a number of voice banking services.
For information on how to install voices visit the following article: How to add a new voice in Grid 3
Changing your voice when opening a grid set
When a grid set is opened, Grid will try to match the language of the grid set to the voices installed. For example, if you have both the English and French versions of Super Core 50 as long as you have a French voice installed, Grid will automatically switch upon opening the French version of Super Core, and switch back when you open the English version.
When making your own grid sets, remember you can change the language in Settings – Grid set then use the language dropdown.
Changing your voice while using a grid set
What if you wanted to change your language while using the same grid set? This is possible with the Change voice command. You may want to import some specific French phrases into an English grid set, or have a home page with French core words and another with English.
In this example, we have added a topic from Super Core 50 – French into Super Core 50 – English so we can talk about food. After copying the topic grid into the Super Core 50 – English grid set, we have used a blank cell on the Topics grid to make the jump to our French vocabulary.
The Change voice command works best when in conjunction with the Jump cell. Make sure your jump is heading to our French topic
Select the Jump cell and select Add command (in this case Cuisine).
Add the Change voice command. You can search the command browser, or find it under Speech commands.
Use the drop-down menu to select the appropriate voice for your grid, in this case, Alice.
Remember to repeat this process on jumps back to set your voice back to your first language! Tap follow jump to edit the French topic. As this is a Super Core grid, the Home and Back cells are also jumps, so you will need to add Change voice commands to these to make sure you go back to your English voice.
Once done, we can now jump between English and French vocabulary, in one grid set, and select the correct voice for the vocabulary.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.