- Using your BT Internet email account in Grid 3
- Firewall settings
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Grid set settings
- Email account settings in Grid
- Speech settings in Grid
- Mouse and pointer settings in Grid
- Touch settings in Grid
- Eye gaze settings in Grid
- Switch settings in Grid 3
- Setting up a mobile phone with Grid 3
- Set up myGaze Assistive 2 camera in Grid 3
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Display or hide the menu bar in Grid 3
- Getting started with voice activation in Grid 3
- Adding commands to switches in Grid 3
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- How to configure exceptions for Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Primary users and Dropbox
- Using Gmail 2 Step Authentication in Grid 3
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Setting up an EasyWave Alarm in Grid 3
- How to add an environment control accessory in Grid 3 (Video)
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Setting up a BJoy Stick C Lite with Grid 3
- Auditory Scanning in Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Z-Wave
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3
- Using your iCloud Email account with Grid 3
- How to turn off Safe Search in Grid 3 image search
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- Unable to stop Grid 3 loading on Startup after free trial is over
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Using Styles in Grid 3
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to change symbol set or library in Grid 3
- How to change symbol skin tone in Grid
- Changing your voice in Grid 3
- Where are access settings in Grid 3?
- Changes to Email Security in Grid
- How do I connect my Gmail account with Grid 3?
- Using your Yahoo email account with Grid 3
- Using more than one language in Grid 3
Using more than one language in Grid 3
Grid 3 supports over 30 languages with over 100 voice available and localized grid sets.
You can use several languages in the same user profile by changing voices, grid sets or just on specific words.
For correct pronunciations, you will need to change your Grid voice to one appropriate for the language. While voices can have many different accents, they only support one language to enable correct grammar and predictions. Grid has a selection of over 100 voices to choose from and also supports a number of voice banking services.
For information on how to install voices visit the following article: How to add a new voice in Grid 3
Changing your voice when opening a grid set
When a grid set is opened, Grid will try to match the language of the grid set to the voices installed. For example, if you have both the English and French versions of Super Core 50 as long as you have a French voice installed, Grid will automatically switch upon opening the French version of Super Core, and switch back when you open the English version.
When making your own grid sets, remember you can change the language in Settings – Grid set then use the language dropdown.
Changing your voice while using a grid set
What if you wanted to change your language while using the same grid set? This is possible with the Change voice command. You may want to import some specific French phrases into an English grid set, or have a home page with French core words and another with English.
In this example, we have added a topic from Super Core 50 – French into Super Core 50 – English so we can talk about food. After copying the topic grid into the Super Core 50 – English grid set, we have used a blank cell on the Topics grid to make the jump to our French vocabulary.
The Change voice command works best when in conjunction with the Jump cell. Make sure your jump is heading to our French topic
Select the Jump cell and select Add command (in this case Cuisine).
Add the Change voice command. You can search the command browser, or find it under Speech commands.
Use the drop-down menu to select the appropriate voice for your grid, in this case, Alice.
Remember to repeat this process on jumps back to set your voice back to your first language! Tap follow jump to edit the French topic. As this is a Super Core grid, the Home and Back cells are also jumps, so you will need to add Change voice commands to these to make sure you go back to your English voice.
Once done, we can now jump between English and French vocabulary, in one grid set, and select the correct voice for the vocabulary.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.