- Basic video training for The Grid 2
- Contacts in The Grid 2
- Using The Grid 2 and a tablet as a dedicated communication aid
- Free email account for Grid 2
- File location placeholders in The Grid 2
- XML Schema for The Grid 2
- Where are my The Grid 2 Users stored?
- What is the Program Control workspace in The Grid 2
- What is the minimum specification for The Grid 2?
- What is compatibility mode in The Grid 2?
- Using the Grid 2 Importer
- Using symbols with typing in The Grid 2
- Using more than one picture library in The Grid 2
- Using Abbreviation Expansion in The Grid 2
- The Grid 2 Workspaces
- The Grid 2 web browser improvements – v.2.3
- The Grid 2 picture editor
- The Grid 2 DVD player
- Sony Ericsson phones with The Grid 2
- Sharing The Grid 2 Users over a network
- Send an instant SMS from The Grid 2
- Saved Phrases in The Grid 2
- Run programs from The Grid 2
- Reports in The Grid 2
- Release notes for The Grid 2
- Prediction in The Grid 2
- Prediction cells in The Grid 2
- Playing music files using the music player workspace in The Grid 2
- Picture viewer in The Grid 2
- Notes on The Grid 2 Importer
- New Switch options for The Grid 2 2.7 update
- Moving and resizing cells in The Grid 2
- How many rows, column and cells can I have in The Grid 2?
- The Grid 2 Grid Explorer and your Users
- Environment Control Workspace in The Grid 2
- Display options in The Grid 2 update 2.7
- Contacts in The Grid 2
- Common on-screen keyboard cells in The Grid 2
- Auto content cells in The Grid 2
Using more than one picture library in The Grid 2
The Grid 2.3 allows you to use more than one picture library for finding pictures.
There are a number of Picture Libraries supported by The Grid 2. The two most commonly used ones are the Widgit Rebus symbols and the Mayer Johnson PCS symbols.
You can search more than one picture library when looking for a picture, and specify the order in which they are searched.
Selecting which pictures libraries are searched
If you go to Edit > User Settings > Dictionaries > Picture Search you can select which picture libraries are searched, and the order in which they are searched.
The Grid 2 will look in the first library to locate a picture for a word. If the picture cannot be located it will then look in the second library, and so on.
Note that there is a picture library called My Pictures which is always present, and always at the top of the list. This is used for adding your own pictures (such as photos of your family).
Selecting pictures when editing
When you select a picture whilst editing, the best matches from all picture libraries will be shown. Note that you can place the mouse pointer over a picture to find out which symbol library it originates from.
Displaying pictures for prediction
For example, you might prefer the style of the PCS pictures, and put them at the top of your list. You could then put Widgit Rebus symbols second in the list, to fill in gaps in the PCS set.
Each user has a unique picture library called “My Pictures”. This gives you a chance to select which pictures are used for different words.
You can use My Pictures to:
Select which picture is used for a word in prediction (e.g. you might want to use a different picture for “car”, or change the colour using the picture editor)
Add pictures of family and friends – including photos
To edit My Pictures, go to Edit > User Settings > Dictionaries > My Pictures.
Here you can add and remove pictures for different words. To add a picture for a particular word, click on Add Word and type the word. You can then select the picture for that word.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.