- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Generate a battery report
- How can I improve the battery life of my Grid Pad?
- How do we estimate our battery life?
- Access method less responsive after Windows update
- How to disable Windows 10 sign-in
- Cannot pair wireless Acer keyboard with Grid Pad
- How to remove the handles from a Grid Pad Go device
- How to find your device serial number
- Recommended power settings for your Grid Pad
- How to turn off touch screen hooking in EyeTech QuickACCESS
- Not receiving notifications of phone calls in Grid 3
- CallCenter and Grid 3
- How to improve visual feedback for touch screen users
- Grid Pad and Accessory manuals
- Grid Pad 11 not starting
- Windows 10 update reverts Grid Pad Start Menu
- Windows 10 update re-enables Fast startup
- High CPU usage on Grid Pad 13
- Programmable buttons on Grid Pad 12
- Cleaning of devices
- Grid Pad 8 and 10 screen rotating not in sync with touch
- Grid Pad – Using the second screen
- Grid Pad 15 – A Class 1 Medical Device
- Grid Pad Antimicrobial properties
- How to replace your Grid Pad desk stand
- Sleep screen or wake on touch issues after Windows Update 2004/20H2
- Echo cancellation setting in Grid
- Declarations of conformity
- Medical Device Regulations
- Grid Pad 10s Device temperature
- Grid Pad 10s Remote Power Button
- SB10, Grid Pad Go, Pro 11 and Eye 11 general troubleshooting
- Windows 10 and your device
- Quick device maintenance and troubleshooting
- Antivirus updates
- Languages reset after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- SmartNav less responsive after Windows 10 update
- How to remove Cookies and search history from Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
- How to use headphones without interfering with speech
Grid Pad – Using the second screen
The second screen allows you to display your message from the Grid 3 chat window in the rear-display of your Grid Pad. This helps you to communicate in a range of environments and situations. It could be in a noisy room where the text helps get your message across or it could be used without audio in a classroom or library.
There are a number of settings you can change which are outlined below:
Speak as you type
The second screen is linked to your Speak as you type settings (Menu – Settings – Speech – Speak as you type). Choose to display each word as you type it, or wait until you’ve completed your sentence and select ‘speak’.
Turn on Speak as you type to display each word as you type it and turn off Speak as you type to make the screen display the text once you have finished your sentence and have selected ‘speak’.
Turn it on and off
You can toggle the second screen on and off with the second screen Command. In Fast Talker, Text Talker, Super Core and Symbol Talker the toggle on and off Command has already been added to the settings grid.
Display without audio
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.