- Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Opening and using a grid set in Grid 3
- Quick edits in Grid 3
- Creating and editing a write cell
- Editing a write cell in Grid 3
- Changing the pictures in a cell
- Screen capture images for your cells
- Grid 3 requirements
- Editing a picture
- Creating a cell with two symbols in Grid 3
- Moving and resizing cells
- Resizing cells in Grid 3
- Editing a grid layout
- Resizing a row or column
- Changing cell appearance and cell style
- Creating jump cells
- Chat writing areas
- Commands in Grid
- Word lists in Grid 3
- Create word list from a body of text in Grid 3
- Adding and managing grids
- Cell accessibility in Grid
- Adding sound to a cell in Grid
- Setting up your Smartbox account in Grid
- Linking a Dropbox account to Grid 3
- Remote editing in Grid
- How do I import grid sets in Grid 3 from one language into another?
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Grid 3 Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to record Grid 3 audio with Audacity
- Backup up and restore a user account in Grid 3
- Grid 3 EULA
- Grid 3 Languages
- Installing and licensing Grid 3
- Installing WordPower for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Release notes
- Sharing grid sets and Online Grids
- Send a Grid 3 grid set to Grid Player
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Smartbox and your data
- Using the Keyboard Key command in Grid 3
- Saving a contact from an SMS or Email in Grid 3
- Playing Music in Grid 3
- Using Special Features in WordPower for Grid 3
- CallCenter and Grid 3
- Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Using your iCloud Email account with Grid 3
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to use emoji symbols in Grid 3
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Symbols not appearing in Grid 3 search
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- Unable to add a grid set to Grid explorer from a USB or Online Grids
- Grid 3 running slow
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Starting Windows Apps with Grid 3
- Windows Media Player no longer available after the Windows 10 Creators Update
- The New Write Command
- Unable to open a grid set
- How do I import banked messages into Grid 3?
- Using Manic Time Tracker to track Grid 3 activity
- Grid 3 early access updates
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to purchase and install PODD in Grid 3
- What is AAC?
- What is Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- The Grid Explorer menu in Grid 3
- Choosing your first grid sets in Grid 3
- What grid sets are included with Grid 3?
- Where are access settings in Grid 3?
- Grid Voices
- How to update to the latest version of Facebook
- Adding the new Facebook grids into Fast Talker
- Using more than one language in Grid 3
- How to add the new Teen and Adult vocabulary to an existing Super Core grid set
Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
WhatsApp is an extremely popular instant messaging service that supports multiple devices and allows you to chat freely with your friends and groups of contacts around the world.
Setting up WhatsApp with Grid 3
WhatsApp requires an account on a mobile device. Download the WhatsApp App to your mobile device (iPhone, Android and Windows Phone) and follow the instructions to create an account.
On your device with Grid 3, install the WhatsApp desktop client: https://www.whatsapp.com/download/
You will now need to use the QR code to sync the mobile version of WhatsApp. Open WhatsApp on your mobile and follow these steps:
WhatsApp will be linked on your Grid 3 device and your mobile. You will need to keep your mobile device charged and WhatsApp installed to stay logged in.
Installing the WhatsApp grid set in Grid 3
You can add the WhatsApp grid set directly in Grid 3, or download from Online Grids.
In Grid 3:
- Open Grid 3 and select Add from the Grid Explorer menu.
- Select Online Grids
- In the Search box type “WhatsApp” and press enter. The WhatsApp grid set is called WhatsApp for Computer Control and press OK.
- You will see more information about the grid. You can select ‘Add’ and it will be downloaded and added to your grid explorer.
From Online Grids:
- Visit the WhatsApp for Computer Control page and download the grid set: https://grids.thinksmartbox.com/en/trevor-14/whatsapp-computer-control
- Double click the grid set file and it will be added to your primary users Grid Explorer.
Using the WhatsApp for Computer Control grid set
The WhatApp grid set opens with a landing page. When you select the WhatsApp icon, this will open the WhatsApp desktop client, and position the Computer Control grid set appropriately.
You can use the Keyboard option to type your messages, add emojis and browse your conversations.
Your contacts can also send you photos and videos, however the WhatsApp application currently does not allow for Grid 3 users to send their own images.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.