- Using your BT Internet email account in Grid 3
- Firewall settings
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Grid set settings
- Email account settings in Grid
- Speech settings in Grid
- Mouse and pointer settings in Grid
- Touch settings in Grid
- Eye gaze settings in Grid
- Switch settings in Grid 3
- Setting up a mobile phone with Grid 3
- Set up myGaze Assistive 2 camera in Grid 3
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Display or hide the menu bar in Grid 3
- Getting started with voice activation in Grid 3
- Adding commands to switches in Grid 3
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- How to configure exceptions for Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Primary users and Dropbox
- Using Gmail 2 Step Authentication in Grid 3
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Setting up an EasyWave Alarm in Grid 3
- How to add an environment control accessory in Grid 3 (Video)
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Setting up a BJoy Stick C Lite with Grid 3
- Auditory Scanning in Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Z-Wave
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3
- Using your iCloud Email account with Grid 3
- How to turn off Safe Search in Grid 3 image search
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- Unable to stop Grid 3 loading on Startup after free trial is over
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Using Styles in Grid 3
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to change symbol set or library in Grid 3
- How to change symbol skin tone in Grid
- Changing your voice in Grid 3
- Where are access settings in Grid 3?
- Changes to Email Security in Grid
- Using your Gmail account with Grid 3
- Using your Yahoo email account with Grid 3
- Using more than one language in Grid 3
Using your Gmail account with Grid 3
To use your Gmail account with Grid 3 you require 2-step verification to be enabled and an app password to be created, as well as the less secure apps, feature to be turned on.
An app password is a unique password used to sign into one application (in this case Grid 3). It will be different from your usual account password and can be revoked or changed at any time.
To complete this process, follow the following three steps.
Part 1: Enabling less secure apps
Part 2: Enabling 2-step Verification
Part 3: Creating an app password
Part 1: Enabling Less Secure Apps
Sign in to the Gmail account outside of Grid 3 (through Internet Explorer etc.)
Click the 9 squares icon in the top right corner and select Account.
Browse to the Security tab on the left of the screen and scroll down to find Less Secure app access.
Click Turn on access and move the slider over to On.
Please note – you will need to refresh your Security page for the less secure apps option to update to On. It will appear as Off after turning it on for the first time, until the page is reloaded.
Part 2: Enabling 2-step verification
2-step authentication requires a phone to setup. You will need to receive a code, either via an automated phone call or SMS message.
Browse to the Security tab following the steps shown above.
Click the 2-step verification option below the Signing into Google section.
Enter the phone number you wish to tie to the account and select either a Text Message or Phone Call to receive the verification code, then press Next.
Enter the key received to the phone into the field provided. You will then see the option to turn on 2-step verification.
Part 3: Creating the app password
Browse to the Security tab following the steps above.
Below the 2-step verification option used previously, there will be a new option for App Passwords.
Select the App Passwords option and sign in with your email account and normal password.
On the app passwords page – click the Select App drop-down menu and select Other.
You will then be prompted to enter a custom name – we recommend “Grid 3”. Once entered, click the Generate button.
Your unique Grid 3 app password will then appear inside the box in the top right corner of the new window. This password will then need to be copied and pasted or written down somewhere for future reference.
Using the app password to link Gmail to Grid 3
Open Grid 3, click the menu icon, and browse to Settings.
Once the Settings are open, browse to the Accounts tab and select the Email option at the top of the screen.
In the Email area, select Google account from the drop-down menu and input your email address and the app password we generated earlier, then press Test Connection.
Once the Connection successful message appears, press OK. The Gmail account is now connected with Grid 3
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.