- Basic video training for The Grid 2
- Contacts in The Grid 2
- Using The Grid 2 and a tablet as a dedicated communication aid
- Free email account for Grid 2
- File location placeholders in The Grid 2
- XML Schema for The Grid 2
- Where are my The Grid 2 Users stored?
- What is the Program Control workspace in The Grid 2
- What is the minimum specification for The Grid 2?
- What is compatibility mode in The Grid 2?
- Using the Grid 2 Importer
- Using symbols with typing in The Grid 2
- Using more than one picture library in The Grid 2
- Using Abbreviation Expansion in The Grid 2
- The Grid 2 Workspaces
- The Grid 2 web browser improvements – v.2.3
- The Grid 2 picture editor
- The Grid 2 DVD player
- Sony Ericsson phones with The Grid 2
- Sharing The Grid 2 Users over a network
- Send an instant SMS from The Grid 2
- Saved Phrases in The Grid 2
- Run programs from The Grid 2
- Reports in The Grid 2
- Release notes for The Grid 2
- Prediction in The Grid 2
- Prediction cells in The Grid 2
- Playing music files using the music player workspace in The Grid 2
- Picture viewer in The Grid 2
- Notes on The Grid 2 Importer
- New Switch options for The Grid 2 2.7 update
- Moving and resizing cells in The Grid 2
- How many rows, column and cells can I have in The Grid 2?
- The Grid 2 Grid Explorer and your Users
- Environment Control Workspace in The Grid 2
- Display options in The Grid 2 update 2.7
- Contacts in The Grid 2
- Common on-screen keyboard cells in The Grid 2
- Auto content cells in The Grid 2
What is compatibility mode in The Grid 2?
This is a new feature in version 2.8 of The Grid 2, which allows you to create grid sets for other related software such as Grid Player and Grid Mobile 2.
It also allows you to select the size of the device you are designing for – you might want to design a grid set specifically for a PowerBox or Futurepad user.
Select Compatibility from Grid Explorer in The Grid 2
Select which device you want to use for compatibility mode. If the device isn’t there, you can add a new device.
If you want to set the window to the same size as your device, select the option from the Monitors tab.
In compatibility mode, The Grid 2 will only allow features that are supported by the specified software. When you edit, you will only see commands and other features that are available for that particular piece of software.
You can check existing grid sets for compatibility by compiling a compatibility report.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.