- Basic video training for The Grid 2
- Contacts in The Grid 2
- Using The Grid 2 and a tablet as a dedicated communication aid
- Free email account for Grid 2
- File location placeholders in The Grid 2
- XML Schema for The Grid 2
- Where are my The Grid 2 Users stored?
- What is the Program Control workspace in The Grid 2
- What is the minimum specification for The Grid 2?
- What is compatibility mode in The Grid 2?
- Using the Grid 2 Importer
- Using symbols with typing in The Grid 2
- Using more than one picture library in The Grid 2
- Using Abbreviation Expansion in The Grid 2
- The Grid 2 Workspaces
- The Grid 2 web browser improvements – v.2.3
- The Grid 2 picture editor
- The Grid 2 DVD player
- Sony Ericsson phones with The Grid 2
- Sharing The Grid 2 Users over a network
- Send an instant SMS from The Grid 2
- Saved Phrases in The Grid 2
- Run programs from The Grid 2
- Reports in The Grid 2
- Release notes for The Grid 2
- Prediction in The Grid 2
- Prediction cells in The Grid 2
- Playing music files using the music player workspace in The Grid 2
- Picture viewer in The Grid 2
- Notes on The Grid 2 Importer
- New Switch options for The Grid 2 2.7 update
- Moving and resizing cells in The Grid 2
- How many rows, column and cells can I have in The Grid 2?
- The Grid 2 Grid Explorer and your Users
- Environment Control Workspace in The Grid 2
- Display options in The Grid 2 update 2.7
- Contacts in The Grid 2
- Common on-screen keyboard cells in The Grid 2
- Auto content cells in The Grid 2
What is the minimum specification for The Grid 2?
The following guide explains the recommended computer specification for using The Grid 2.
The Grid 2 requires Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8. No older versions (95,98,ME,2000, NT) are supported. Please note that The Grid 2 cannot run on Windows 8 RT.
You should have the latest service packs installed (XP service pack 3, Vista service pack 2, Windows 7 service pack 1). Grid 2 requires Windows Media Player and Internet Explorer 7 to be correctly installed and working.
These are recommended/minimum specifications. A higher speed computer will always be more responsive, but a computer with this specification should run The Grid 2 acceptably.
Memory: 1Gb ram for XP, 2Gb for Vista, 2Gb for Windows 7 and 8
Hard disk space: 1gb free hard disk space (approx 300Mb for The Grid 2, 200Mb for speech and extra space for grids, recordings, pictures, and temporary files created whilst using The Grid 2).
Screen resolution: 800×600 minimum, 1024×768 recommended.
Processor: 1.5ghz processor
Graphics card: a card with its own memory is recommended (graphics cards that share memory with the processor will take longer to display grids).
Less powerful computers
The Grid 2 can be used on less powerful machines, such as the FuturePad from Smartbox. This is a compromise between portability and functionality.
On a less capable computer, you should not expect to be able to use The Grid 2 for computer control with other processor-intensive applications . You may also experience that The Grid 2 runs more slowly, particluarly when loading a user or when jumping to a new grid. If the computer is severely overworked, you will notice that the speech “stutters”.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.