- Basic video training for The Grid 2
- Contacts in The Grid 2
- Using The Grid 2 and a tablet as a dedicated communication aid
- Free email account for Grid 2
- File location placeholders in The Grid 2
- XML Schema for The Grid 2
- Where are my The Grid 2 Users stored?
- What is the Program Control workspace in The Grid 2
- What is the minimum specification for The Grid 2?
- What is compatibility mode in The Grid 2?
- Using the Grid 2 Importer
- Using symbols with typing in The Grid 2
- Using more than one picture library in The Grid 2
- Using Abbreviation Expansion in The Grid 2
- The Grid 2 Workspaces
- The Grid 2 web browser improvements – v.2.3
- The Grid 2 picture editor
- The Grid 2 DVD player
- Sony Ericsson phones with The Grid 2
- Sharing The Grid 2 Users over a network
- Send an instant SMS from The Grid 2
- Saved Phrases in The Grid 2
- Run programs from The Grid 2
- Reports in The Grid 2
- Release notes for The Grid 2
- Prediction in The Grid 2
- Prediction cells in The Grid 2
- Playing music files using the music player workspace in The Grid 2
- Picture viewer in The Grid 2
- Notes on The Grid 2 Importer
- New Switch options for The Grid 2 2.7 update
- Moving and resizing cells in The Grid 2
- How many rows, column and cells can I have in The Grid 2?
- The Grid 2 Grid Explorer and your Users
- Environment Control Workspace in The Grid 2
- Display options in The Grid 2 update 2.7
- Contacts in The Grid 2
- Common on-screen keyboard cells in The Grid 2
- Auto content cells in The Grid 2
Where are my The Grid 2 Users stored?
The location that is used to store users has changed between different version of The Grid 2.
The Grid 2.5 and later:
On Windows XP the default location is:
C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersDocumentsSensory SoftwareThe Grid 2Users
On Windows Vista the default location is:
C:UsersPublicDocumentsSensory SoftwareThe Grid 2Users
The Grid 2.4:
On Windows XP, the default location is:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sensory Software\The Grid 2\Users
On Windows Vista, the default location is:
C:\Users\All Users\Application Data\Sensory Software\The Grid 2\Users
The Grid 2.3 and earlier:
On both XP and Vista the default location is:
C:\Program Files\Sensory Software\The Grid 2\Users
If you have updated your version of Grid 2, the user files will normally be located at the default location for the version you first installed. If you are running under Vista and first installed version 2.4 or earler, you should move your user files to a location under your PubicDocuments folder.
Why did the location change?
The location that user files are stored was changed in line with recommendations from Microsoft and to improve compatibility with Windows Vista.
Changing the location where users are stored
You can set the location where users are stored. One reason this may be useful is if you want to share users between several computers on a network.
To change where users are stored, go to File > Preferences, and select the File Locations tab. You will need to manually copy any existing users to the new location.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.