- SB10, Grid Pad Go, Pro 11 and Eye 11 general troubleshooting
- Windows 10 and your device
- Quick device maintenance and troubleshooting
- Antivirus updates
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Languages reset after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- Generate a battery report
- How can I improve the battery life of my Grid Pad?
- How do we estimate our battery life?
- SmartNav less responsive after Windows 10 update
- Access method less responsive after Windows update
- How to remove Cookies and search history from Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
- How to use headphones without interfering with speech
- How to disable Windows 10 sign-in
- Cannot pair wireless Acer keyboard with Grid Pad
- How to remove the handles from a Grid Pad Go device
- How to find your device serial number
- Recommended power settings for your Grid Pad
- How to turn off touch screen hooking in EyeTech QuickACCESS
- Not receiving notifications of phone calls in Grid 3
- How to improve visual feedback for touch screen users
- Grid Pad 11 not starting
- Windows 10 update reverts Grid Pad Start Menu
- Windows 10 update re-enables Fast startup
- High CPU usage on Grid Pad 13
- Grid Pad and Accessory manuals
- Programmable buttons on Grid Pad 12
- Cleaning of devices
- Grid Pad 15 – A Class 1 Medical Device
- Grid Pad 8 and 10 screen rotating not in sync with touch
- Sleep screen or wake on touch issues after Windows Update 2004/20H2
- Echo cancellation setting in Grid
- Declarations of conformity
- Grid Pad 10s Device temperature
Windows 10 update re-enables Fast startup
Fast startup is disabled on our devices as standard. However you may find that after the latest Windows update it is re-enabled. It is advised that Fast startup is disabled on Grid Pads, and turned off as standard in set up.
To disable Fast startup, follow the steps listed below:
1. Right click (when using a touchscreen, tap and hold for approx. 2s) the battery icon in the task bar.
2. Choose Power Options.
3. From the right-hand side choose Choose what the power buttons do.
4. Choose the blue link that says Change settings that are currently unavailable. This may also have a small shield icon alongside.
5. You can then turn off the option for Turn on fast start-up (recommended) and choose Save changes.
Please be aware this is a technical solution that you may require
Please be aware this is a technical solution that you may require support with.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.