Smartbox creates technology that gives a voice to people that don’t have speech. Our products include a combination of specialist hardware, software and content and are used by people with disabilities across the world.
We are one of the leading companies in the field and pride ourselves on our innovative products and high levels of customer service. Everything we do is driven by a passion to improve the lives of people that use our technology.
The Smartbox Head Office is in Malvern, Worcestershire. We have a second major office in Bristol and a smaller one in Pennsylvania, US.
We’re hiring a Content Developer
We’re looking for a Content Developer to develop and deliver content for our Grid software.
This content will be used by people with disabilities all over the world to enable them to communicate and live more independent lives.
The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge and understanding of the needs of people who use AAC and Assistive Technology.
You can find out more about the Content Developer position here.
Deadline for applications is Friday 28 June 2019.
Software QA and 2nd Line Support Specialist
As an integral member of the software development team, the role is primarily split between Quality Assurance testing and providing second-line support.
For quality assurance, you will be responsible for testing newly developed features and bug fixes to ensure that they meet all the criteria ready for release. Testing steps and results are to be documented and findings are to be recorded and reported back to the wider team.
Ownership of the QA process will be essential to the role ensuring that continual improvement is made whilst having the autonomy to implement new methodologies where appropriate.
There will also be scope for testing hardware products, including pre-release prototypes.
You will also work closely with our first-line Support team to understand any active issues affecting customers and triaging them back to the developers. Attention to detail is key in this role as you will need to capture detailed information along with steps to reproduce any issues reported.
Outline of Main Duties:
- Executing tests both functional exploratory testing of software on Windows and iOS platforms
- Triage and logging support issues
- Experience of regression testing – identifying weaknesses/vulnerable areas in the software
- Scoping, planning and scripting for test requirements based on technical documentation and new or existing work
- Completing test scripts, reporting results and making recommendations for further QA
- With a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills you will have a passion for the latest technologies and the benefits they can bring to this role.
- Ability to translate technical information to a non-technical audience
- A working understanding of JIRA
- Experience in a similar QA or Software testing role
- Good time management skills and the ability to multitask
- An inquisitive mind and a good problem solver
- Takes responsibility for own output
- Knowledge of the AAC industry
- Experience of Agile methodology and release processes
- An understanding of programming languages including C#
- Knowledge of scripting languages – vbScript
- Flexible & enjoys fast-paced environment
Rewards and Benefits:
- Smartbox offer Pension, Group Life Assurance and Income protection together with Private Medical Insurance.
- We are passionate about our people and offer many social events including a family weekend away and Christmas party each year.
- Salary available depending on experience.
- Please include your C.V. and a covering letter to Jason Thorn
- All applications will be kept confidential
- Please outline your experience and ability to excel in this role within your covering letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.