Smartbox creates technology that gives a voice to people that don’t have speech. Our products include a combination of specialist hardware, software and content and are used by people with disabilities across the world.
We are one of the leading companies in the field and pride ourselves on our innovative products and high levels of customer service. Everything we do is driven by a passion to improve the lives of people that use our technology.
At Smartbox we believe everyone has the right to a voice. This is what the company was founded upon nearly 20 years ago and remains true today. Our users represent a diverse community of individuals and we want to support them by promoting an inclusive culture within our team.
The Smartbox Head Office is in Malvern, Worcestershire. We have a second major office in Bristol and a smaller one in Pennsylvania, US.
Head of UK Sales and Business Development
- Permanent, Full-time
- £50k – £60k plus company car
- Reporting to the Managing Director
This role will require extensive national travel. This is a hybrid role and you will have the autonomy to work between your home and our UK office locations in Malvern & Bristol.
We are looking for someone that can help Smartbox deliver our market-leading technology to as many people as possible in the UK.
The successful candidate will lead our team of Assistive Technology Specialists in the UK and Ireland. You will be responsible for developing and delivering the UK sales strategy in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
Our UK team is made up of AT Specialists, who are based around the country, including both AAC Training specialists and Account Managers. This is a hands-on role, where you will need to achieve your goals by both leading the team and generating sales yourself.
Smartbox is looking to further develop sales in the UK through increasing the number of people we reach, whilst maintaining our high level of customer experience and support.
The role will include developing new processes and adopting technology that will enable Smartbox to do this successfully.
A significant number of sales in the UK are generated through a small group of key customers. You will work with our Head of Assessment to deliver a strong and consistent account management process.
We are looking for someone with clear leadership credentials and a track record of running a successful sales team.
Part of this role will be to work with the Smartbox Board to form a sales strategy. To do this you will need to identify and research new opportunities as we look to reach more people that need AAC in the UK.The ideal candidate will promote the mission, vision and values of Smartbox, being a charismatic champion of the needs of AAC users and the technology that can give them a voice.
This is a really exciting opportunity to join a team driven by a passion for helping people and it’s essential you are up for the challenge.
Duties will include:
• Form part of the Smartbox Management Team, with overall responsibility of Smartbox’s UK sales performance
• Develop plans for Smartbox in the UK and Ireland to deliver both shorter- and longer term company objectives
• Ensure all business activity and operations are delivered in line with the Smartbox strategy, values and mission
• Lead a highly talented and motivated team
• Ensure Smartbox culture is maintained and visible in the behaviour of all employees
• Work closely with the Smartbox Board to deliver against agreed financial targets including sales, profitability and cash flow
• Provide consistent and clear feedback to Smartbox Board on the progress and delivery of agreed plans
• Build trusting relationships with key customers and stakeholders
• To support and oversea the delivery of effective training and Speech and Language Therapy services
• Maintain a deep knowledge of the AAC market, including customer needs, AAC technology and competitor activity
• Work with Smartbox Marketing team to coordinate processes and generate awareness and leads
• Collaborate with teams across Smartbox to ensure users succeed with their devices
The successful applicant will also be asked to perform other duties on an ad-hoc basis and will need a proactive attitude to this.
Click here to download the full job description.
Please send a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com.
We’re always looking for the right people to join the Smartbox team. If you can’t find the right role for you above, please feel free to send us your CV and let us know what difference you think you could make to Smartbox.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.