Smartbox creates technology that gives a voice to people that don’t have speech. Our products include a combination of specialist hardware, software and content and are used by people with disabilities across the world.
We are one of the leading companies in the field and pride ourselves on our innovative products and high levels of customer service. Everything we do is driven by a passion to improve the lives of people that use our technology.
The Smartbox Head Office is in Malvern, Worcestershire. We have a second major office in Bristol and a smaller one in Pennsylvania, US.
AT Support Specialist
We’re looking for someone to join our Support team in our head office in Malvern, UK.
First class support for our users is our top priority, and this is more than a call centre job reading from a script. You will need to empathise with users and professionals who call us for help, many of whom will have limited knowledge of computers. Patience, understanding and excellent communication skills are as important as technical competence.
- Providing support, on our software and hardware, for our users by phone, email, online chat, Facebook and remote access
- Offering advice and guidance on how to get the best out of our hardware and software
- Solving problems caused by Microsoft Windows or system configurations
- Training users and professionals on our software and hardware
- Logging Support issues into the internal CRM system
- Liaising with our Software developers to resolve users’ issues
- Supporting our Assistive Technology Team as required. This team is nationwide and customer facing with NHS Hubs, direct users, schools and speecha dn language therapists
- Supporting our International Partners with any technical issues or support requests
- Willing to provide social media support – approximately 1 weekend every 12 weeks to our Company Facebook Community.
- Willing to work approximately 1 day per month in our Bristol office liaising with the Software Team and other teams
- Keeping up to date with our product developments to ensure a high level of support knowledge
- Attending and supporting external training days and Company events when required
- Being proactive to assist with any development or research projects as required
- Candidates must be able to offer a friendly point of contact for customers who need our support
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- A confident and friendly manner
- Excellent time management strategies, being able to quickly prioritise tasks
- Good IT skills; able to provide support for Windows issues
- Excellent written English skills
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Proactive attitude
The following would also be an advantage but not essential.
- A knowledge of Assistive Technology
- Experience and/or understanding of disabilities
- A clean driving licence
Rewards and Benefits
Smartbox offers Company Pension, Group Life Assurance and Income protection together with Private Medical Insurance.
We are passionate about our people and offer many social outings including an annual family weekend away and Christmas party each year.
Kindly send your C.V and covering letter to: Tizzy Vanner by email to
- All applications will be kept confidential.
- Please outline your experience and ability to excel in this role within your covering letter.
- Deadline for applications is Friday 26th April 2019.
All shortlisted candidates will be invited to an assessment day at Smartbox.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.