Join our team of assistive technology experts for a one day introductory training course in Grid 3.
You’ll also receive a free copy of Grid 3 which normally costs £480.
This hands on course will guide you through everything you need to get started with Grid 3.
We’ll take you through setup, show you how to customise ready made grid sets and create new resources.
Your £50 ticket includes:
A full day of training
A licensed copy of Grid 3
6 hours CPD
Winchester – 9 March 2018 – SOLD OUT
Join our team this March at the Holiday Inn Winchester, a bright and spacious venue with free onsite parking.
Newcastle – 22 March 2018
Join our team in Newcastle this March at the Village Hotel, a stylish and modern venue with free onsite parking.
London – 3 May 2018 – SOLD OUT
Who are these days for?
These training days are designed for beginners and are open to anyone interested to learn how our software can be used for AAC, computer access and learning.
If you would like to know more simply get in touch and we will be happy to answer your questions.
Getting Started with Grid 3
Our training days are designed to get you started with our software, giving you new ideas and skills that you can use afterwards.
The day will include:
- ‘Hands on’ training in a Powerpoint free zone from Smartbox experts
- Learn how to create, edit and share grid sets as well as how to personalise access solutions
- Interactive workshops will allow you to put your learning into practice straight away
- Breakout sessions will give a more in depth look at the specialist areas of your choice. These smaller groups will allow for more personalised support
- A delicious lunch in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere where you’ll get a chance to meet other professionals and users of Grid 3
Smaller groups allowing more discussion and personalised support, including:
• Interactive learning and pre-AAC – This session is aimed at people working with younger users or those with complex needs. It will focus on resources and strategies to help successfully introduce Grid 3 and alternative communication for the first time.
• Text communication, environment control and computer control – This session is for people that work with individuals that communicate through text, want to operate equipment around the home (such as lights, TV, etc) and use their device as a computer.
What you’ll need on the day
Please bring your fully charged laptop and charger with you. If you are unable to bring a laptop, please let us know. We will have a limited number of devices available for pre-booking only.
You will need to download and install the trial version of Grid 3 in preparation for the day.
There will not be an opportunity to download the software on the day so it is essential this has been done beforehand (note that if it is a work laptop you may need to contact your IT department to ask them to install it). You will receive your licence code and CPD certificate at the end of the training.
Will my laptop run Grid 3?
I haven’t got a laptop – can I borrow one?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a laptop (first come first served).
Can I put the Grid 3 license on a different computer?
The free license is for a professional’s PC. It would be fine to use the license on your desktop rather than your laptop for example, but it must not be used on an end user’s communication aid.
I’ve already got Grid 3, can I come along for free?
No – the delegate fee is a contribution towards the cost of the event, so this will need to be paid regardless.
I am an AAC user and I need to bring my PA with me – do they have to pay too?
No – please email email@example.com and we will arrange a complimentary place for them.
Do I need to be a Grid 3 expert in order to attend?
No prior knowledge required – the day is designed for beginners.
I’ve installed the free trial already, and it has expired. What should I do?
That is fine. Bring along the laptop with the expired trial – just let one of the Smartbox team know on arrival and we’ll get you up and running.
Can I pay by invoice rather than credit card?
We prefer online payment via the Eventbrite website, but if this is not possible please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What people say about our training days
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.