Release notes for the latest Grid update
Grid version 3.0.32 will be available soon with the following features and big fixes. If you would like to try these updates now they are available in Early Access for Grid 3 users.
- New “Forward” command for SMS users, enabling you to copy your message and send it to a new recipient
- Improvements to Gewa Environment Control, making it easier to set up and transmit several codes in a row
- Zoom to click now zooms in off the edges of the screen, for better corner access
- Choose to accept your switch on press rather than release, with new Switch presses settings. The option to “Accept on switch press” has a natural feel and will be the default setting for new switch users
- New “Show only when available” command to hide a cell if that particular feature is not configured or available on your device. You can choose to hide eye gaze cells for example if you are using a device without an eye gaze camera. This could be handy for grid designers, creating alternative versions for different access methods
- You can now add grid sets created in The Grid 2 to Grid for iPad, using Online Grids
- New Back up & Restore feature in Grid for iPad settings
- Import grid sets into Grid for iPad from other apps such as Dropbox or email, by using the “Browse for grid sets” option in the Add grid set window
- Language support for Arabic
- Scanning could continue after releasing your switch
- Alea eye gaze software could sometimes cause the touch screen to stop working in Grid 3
- Word list items would not always save when using the “Add to word list” command
- Grid sets could temporarily lose their thumbnails
- Removing a word list items using the search filter would cause Grid for iPad to crash
- Fixed an issue where unable to add new pronunciations
- Super Core is now available with PCS symbols
- Improvements to grammar for vocabulary on People, Jobs, Family, Friends and School grids – making it easier to say phrases like “My sister is…” as the verb “be” will change accordingly
- Updated Widgit symbol for “go”
If you are using Super Core, you will need to re-add the grid set to get the latest Super Core features (version 1.3).
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.