Purple Tuesday Assistive Technology sponsor 2022
Purple Tuesday is back, and we’re thrilled to be supporting this vital campaign for a third consecutive year.
For the first time ever, Purple Tuesday is going global and that’s why it’s even more important to us to be official Assistive Technology industry sponsors in 2022.
Watch the video below with Nicole, Dougal, and Darren to find out what Purple Tuesday means to Smartbox.
What is Purple Tuesday?
Purple Tuesday is a change programme for organisations of all sizes from all sectors to get involved in, with the common goal of improving the customer experience for disabled people 365 days a year.
#PurpleTuesday is about creating a step change improvement in the awareness of the value and needs of disabled customers. It is about making the customer experience accessible and inclusive.
All participating organisations will make public commitments to ensure sustainable changes are made, resulting in the opening up of products and services to the disability community.
As part of Purple Tuesday 2022, we’re pledging to:
- Raise awareness of the needs of AAC users with businesses around the world, to advocate for accessibility for disabled consumers
- Work with our global partners to champion assistive technology to help disabled people live more independently, no matter their location
- Share the stories of individuals who use alternative communication to participate in everyday life
- Develop our platforms and resources, giving them the same accessibility consideration as our products
- Promote fair and equitable employment opportunities for disabled people, by becoming a disability confident employer
What are Purple Tuesday events?
Each year, Purple Tuesday is officially launched on the 1st of November. This year, it’s going global with events across the world to celebrate disability awareness and encourage businesses to improve accessibility for disabled people.
We’re thrilled to be taking part in a number of Purple Tuesday events in 2022, including:
Purple Tuesday 1 November Events
- UK – Flagship launch from Piccadilly Lights followed by a Live Panel Event to discuss the findings of the 2022 Purple Tuesday Disabled Customer Survey report
- US – Launch in Minneapolis with students signing ‘Purple Rain’ in American Sign Language and Disabled Customer Workshop
- Dubai – UAE partners meet and key landmarks turn purple in the evening
- Pakistan – Partners share insights over dinner
- Malaysia – Networking event for South East Asia partners, where a livestream of the London Piccadilly Lights will be shown
Purple Tuesday Global Virtual Conference – 11 October – Panel event topics to include:
- What is accessible customer service?
Keep up-to-date with all the latest tips and advice on supporting AAC users by joining the Smartbox Community.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.