Work for Smartbox
We’re looking for an Assistive Technology Specialist to join our team.
Our Assistive Technology Specialists play a key role in changing people’s lives. They work alongside industry professionals to find the best combination of device, software and access to help individuals to gain independence and communicate with the world around them.
They also contribute to new product development and support our customers throughout their communication journey.
Job title: Assistive Technology Specialist – London region
Responsible to: Head of Sales and Head of Assessment
- Experience in the field of AAC and assistive technology is essential
- Effective communicator
- Presentation skills
- Relationship building
- Ability to write clearly and write reports
- Strong, up-to-date industry knowledge
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of Windows and iOS
- Flexible approach to working hours – required to spend nights away
- Strong time management skills
- Full UK drivers licence
Overview of role
- Visit individuals, specialist centres, schools and care homes to demonstrate, trial and train on Smartbox products (typically 4 days a week)
- Evaluate which products are most appropriate for each individual or organisation
- Represent Smartbox at exhibitions and trade shows
- Actively develop new and existing relationships with customers
- Help develop new ways to use assistive technology
- Each visit is followed up with a report, quotation and other administrative tasks as appropriate (1 day)
- You will be involved with the planning and organisation of training events and information days in your area
- You will arrange your travel and accommodation when necessary for working further from home
- You will be given a set of equipment and you will be responsible for keeping this up to date and ready for client visits
- You will need to create and adapt resources in our key software title (Grid 3)
- You will be in regular contact with colleagues in Malvern Head office and other remote staff (1 day every 2 months will be in Malvern)
- You will be joining a team of 7 specialists
- Benefits include opportunity for company car, mobile phone and laptop
- Salary depending on experience
Please send your CV and covering letter to Adam Waits, Head of Assessment.
All applications will be kept confidential. Please outline your experience and ability to excel in this role based on the description above.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 1st March 2017. We will let you know if you are going to be called for interview.
We look forward to hearing from you!