A new generation of Grid Pad
Our most flexible solution for people with complex access and communication needs. The new Grid Pad 12 is a dedicated device and has been designed in collaboration with AAC users. A long 15-hour battery life, rugged design and multiple access options ensure you always have your voice.
- High spec computer for fast communication
- 15 hours battery life (10 hours with eye gaze)
- Antimicrobial casing and screen
- Ready for use with eye gaze, switches, touch, and USB devices
- Shock protection, droppable to 1m
- 12.5” full HD tough antiglare touchscreen
- Remote power button
- High quality amplified sound
- Built-in radio and infrared Environment Control
- Tactile, water-resistant buttons in convenient locations
- Multi-angle stand and wheelchair mounting
- Powered by Grid 3
Communicate all day, every day
High spec computer
Grid Pad 12 has the latest generation Intel core i5 processor, with 8GB RAM and a solid-state hard drive. This fast processor enables seamless communication, so you can keep up with conversation.
Grid Pad 12 is designed to help you communicate all day long. The large battery provides up to 15 hours continuous use, or 10 hours with eye gaze.
Grid Pad 12 is built with an antimicrobial casing and screen to inhibit the growth of bacteria and spread of viruses. The Sanitized® technology embedded within the device helps to keep it cleaner for longer – perfect for clinical settings.
This material has not yet been tested on COVID-19, however it has been successfully tested against similar viruses including Influenza, Avian flu and SARS.
Powered by Grid
Grid 3 is the software behind every Grid Pad, with dedicated apps for communicating, controlling your environment, message banking, browsing the internet, using social media, sending emails and text messages, listening to music and more. You’ll find a wide range of AAC resources, designed for people of all ages and different levels of literacy.
Designed for all access
Tough HD touchscreen display
Grid Pad 12 has a 12.5” HD touchscreen, with a hardened glass display. The anti-glare finish makes it easier to see the screen when you are out and about.
Robust keyguards with secure fastening are available to order for any grid set in Grid 3.
USB access devices
Grid Pad 12 has two USB ports on the back of the device that enable you to use any other type of alternative access device, such as a joystick, trackball, HeadMouse Nano or Quha Zono head mouse.
There are two built-in ports for switches. These specially reinforced ports are also recessed for added protection.
The headphone socket can be used for auditory feedback, useful for people with visual impairment. In Grid 3, this enables you to hear what a cell will say before you choose to select it.
Built to be heard
Grid Pad 12’s integrated speakers have been engineered to produce high quality sound and volume – to help get your message across effectively, wherever you are.
Mounting and positioning options
Rehadapt and Daessy mounting options give you choice and flexibility in every environment. Use Grid Pad 12 anywhere with the variable angle desk stand.
Grid Pad 12 comes with built-in infrared and radio Environment Control. There is a front-facing infrared learning window to make inputting commands easier.
We have a range of accessories designed to help you get the most out of your Grid Pad 12.
Three years of Smart Care
Three years of Smart Care are included with Grid Pad 12. This is available in the UK and Ireland only, and includes:
- Three-year warranty on your device
- Free repairs, including one case of accidental damage per year
- Guaranteed access to a swap out device if you need a repair
- Grid Pad 12 manual – UK (Nov 2019)
- Grid Pad 12 manual – Swedish (Dec 2020)
- Grid Pad 12 manual – Norwegian (Jan 2020)
- Grid Pad 12 manual – Czech (Oct 2018)
- Grid Pad 12 manual – French (Oct 2018)
- Grid Pad 12 manual – Dutch (Oct 2018)
- Grid Pad 12 manual – Greek (Jan 2019)
- Grid Pad 12 manual – Italian (Jan 2019)
- Grid Pad 12 manual – German (September 2020)
- Grid Pad 12 manual – US (Jan 2019)
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.
Join the Smartbox mailing list for regular updates and news.
You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at email@example.com.