Terms and Conditions of Sale
All quotations will be honoured for a period of 30 days, errors and omissions excepted. If you would like a quotation, please email email@example.com or call +44 (0) 1684 578 868.
Acceptance of orders
We accept orders in written form by post, fax or email. Official orders from statutory bodies are accepted with an official order number. Orders from businesses and charities are accepted on the basis of their credit agreement with us. Orders from individuals are accepted with the return of a VAT exemption form (if needed), along with payment in full by credit card or cheque.
The VAT exemption form is available at www.thinksmartbox.com/where-to-buy/pricing
Individual purchasers have a legal right to return goods undamaged within seven days of delivery if they are unsuitable.
All goods remain the property of Smartbox Assistive Technology Ltd until paid for in full.
All Smartbox devices come with a standard 2 year guarantee. With SmartCare, you can upgrade from the standard guarantee to a comprehensive support package for up to five years from the date of purchase. The additional cover includes protection against one instance of accidental damage per year and a swap out device if a repair is required.
More information on SmartCare and the terms and conditions are available on our website at www.thinksmartbox.com/where-to-buy/smartcare.
For all stocked and bespoke items, Smartbox aim to complete delivery within 20 working days (4 weeks). Please note that some parts supplied by 3rd parties may take longer to be delivered.
If you have faulty equipment, please contact our Support Team using the details below. We will send you a form for you to complete with the details of the equipment and the reason for return. If a repair is required, you will be issued with a Return Material Authorisation (RMA) number.
In the case of a warranty repair, we will cover the cost of the carriage both ways.
We are proud of our reputation, and hope that you will never have reason to complain. If you are unhappy with any of our products, or the service you have received, please contact us as soon as possible.
We are a member of the British Health Trades Association and comply with their Code of Practice. You have the right to refer any unresolved complaint to them.
Products from Smartbox Assistive Technology Ltd are guaranteed for two years from the date of dispatch against any defective materials or workmanship. This excludes accessories in the My World package which are guaranteed for 3 months.
Orders from individuals or Charities may qualify for VAT exemption. Please complete and sign the VAT Exemption form and return it to us at the address below – marked for accounts.
The VAT exemption form is available at www.thinksmartbox.com/where-to-buy/pricing
Orders from statutory bodies are accepted with an official purchase order. Please send your purchase order to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rentals are initially for a period of three months. A rental may be ended at any time and a pro-rata refund will be made.
- At the end of the initial rental period, the equipment rental may be renewed for a further three months. There is no limit to the amount of time our devices can be rented for.
- The equipment may be purchased at any time. If the system is purchased within the first 3 months of renting you will get the cost of the rental deducted from the purchase price.
- If the rental is purchased after the initial three-month period, you will receive a deduction of 50% of the total rental costs paid from the purchase price.
- All rental systems come complete with Smartbox software and resources.
- All rental equipment will be in full working order, and is normally brand new. Where new equipment is supplied, it will be kept by the user if purchased. If refurbished equipment is supplied, it will be replaced with a new unit if purchased.
- Demonstration versions of paid-for grid sets and extra symbol libraries will be installed and will run for 60 days.
- Any paid-for resources (such as grid sets or alternative voices) can be added to a rental device. These items will be added to the invoice if you choose to purchase the device.
Terms and Conditions of website usage
The term ‘Smartbox Assisstive Technology’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Ysobel House, Enigma Commercial Centre, Sandys Road, Malvern, WR14 1JJ. Our company registration number is 05541084. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Smartbox Assistive Technology Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Smartbox Assistive Technology Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from March 2017.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. The cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Smartbox Assistive Technology Ltd, Ysobel House, Enigma Commercial Centre, Sandys Road, Malvern, WR14 1JJ.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Smartbox Assistive Technology Ltd and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of [business name]. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Smartbox Assistive Technology Ltd takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.