This update is available now.
Improved Settings menu
The Grid Settings menu has had a refresh! Icons have been redrawn to improve consistency and accessibility and the menu categories have been reorganised to make navigation more intuitive.
- New icons for improved accessibility
- The side bar is darker for improved contrast
- Categories have been rearranged for improved navigation
- The word ‘Menu’ now appears next to the Menu dropdown in Grid Explorer
Computer Control updates
- The new and improved Computer Control grid set is now integrated into Fast Talker.
(Available in English, German, Danish, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Spanish, Norwegian and French).
- Introducing a brand-new Computer Control grid set optimised for switches. Translations coming in version 92.
New Keyboard commands
- New Set As Keyboard and Jump To Keyboard Commands are now available and are integrated into the new Computer Control for Switches grid set.
- These commands are integrated into the latest version of Super Core, allowing users to select their default keyboard without having to go into edit mode. Available in English, German, Norwegian, Spanish, Danish, Dutch and Catalan. Other translations coming soon.
High contrast Voco Chat
Introducing an alternative version of Voco Chat in PCS High Contrast symbols. These symbols are designed with bright colours and minimal details, making it easier for users with visual impairments.
Available in English language only.
Grid software is now available in Ukrainian, including flagship content Voco Chat, Text Talker and Fast Talker, plus a new Ukrainian voice; Leysa.
Version 91 also includes Super Core in Dutch, and a new Persian voice; Dariush.
- Added a close (X) button to folders in Grid Explorer to better support people using switch scanning.
- Users are now informed that data is shared during remote editing and remote editors are now provided with a prompt for deleting data they have shared.
- The number of switch inputs from a single gamepad has increased from 8 to 16.
- Renamed device volume-related commands to ensure clarity when setting device volume.
Accessible App fixes
- Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp: Add photo function fixed.
- Spotify: Removed the requirement to choose playback device on start-up (although this function is still available when required).
- Twitter: new tweet function fixed.
- The web image search function now displays results correctly.
- Alea camera calibration no longer skips calibration points.
- Ensure grids copied with the Jump Command are saved correctly.
- Fixed an issue where a cancelled and failed Alea calibration degraded eye gaze use.
- Display all email contacts now displays correctly in Alpha Core.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash if a Nuance voice was not fully installed.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when using the Command search function in edit mode.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when using the grid view in the grid set editor.
- Fixed issue which could prevent successful use of an Irisbond camera calibration with single-eye after restarting.
- Fixed an issue that could cause loss of eye gaze access with Irisbond cameras when users look away from the screen.
- Danish translations no longer missing for available phone features.
Following our update last year, we have been testing the 64-bit version of Grid thoroughly and have decided that it’s not quite ready to release yet.
We will keep you updated with our progress and look forward to launching the 64-bit version of Grid very soon!
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.